MATCHWATCH : Wigan Athletic (h)

183 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wigan Athletic (h)

by Stranded » 28 Apr 2023 12:48

Mr Optimist
Zammo 21,000 tickets sold, confirmed by the club this morning. Actual WTF. Gonna be a day of proper drama.

Wigan have sold just under 1,000 so if you exclude the other 1,200 empty seats in the away end there is not a left in the home ends…

Less than 100 seats available around the home ends apparently.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 28 Apr 2023 15:23

Mr Optimist
Zammo 21,000 tickets sold, confirmed by the club this morning. Actual WTF. Gonna be a day of proper drama.

Wigan have sold just under 1,000 so if you exclude the other 1,200 empty seats in the away end there is not a left in the home ends…

Quite a number given away to local junior football clubs I believe so financially maybe not so great but for atmosphere followed by reducing as many children as possible (and some adults) to tears, a great effort!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Apr 2023 16:24

Well we're making the effort to turn up and support the players. Now lets hope the players turn up and put in a great performance!

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 28 Apr 2023 19:50

Royal_jimmy Well we're making the effort to turn up and support the players. Now lets hope the players turn up and put in a great performance!

…and I expect 1871 will be loud. At least until the 0:3 event.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Apr 2023 20:55

Singing Defective
Royal_jimmy Well we're making the effort to turn up and support the players. Now lets hope the players turn up and put in a great performance!

TIFO in 1871:

https://twitter.com/Club1871/status/165 ... K3AzQ&s=19

If you are in 1871 tomorrow, there will be a blue or white tifo sheet tucked in your seats. Take one from your seat and lift up as the players walk out

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Apr 2023 21:21

I hear there has been a minor blip on payment of wages by the due date.........again.

It is supposedly minor but it smacks once more of poor financial management (something that has cost us dear over the past 2 seasons) and not what players want to hear on the eve of the most important game of the season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Apr 2023 21:43

South Coast Royal I hear there has been a minor blip on payment of wages by the due date.........again.

It is supposedly minor but it smacks once more of poor financial management (something that has cost us dear over the past 2 seasons) and not what players want to hear on the eve of the most important game of the season.

Heard that playing staff aren't affected but office staff are. Could be wrong though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Apr 2023 22:38

Would put more importance on the non-playing staff wages tbh….at least they’ve actually earned it.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Apr 2023 22:46

Think any player would tell you a packed, noisy stadium at home really helps them in a game like this. Fans have done their bit, now the players must do theirs.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Apr 2023 23:36

Guys this is our 2001 playoff semi-final all over again.

My lads and I were there, starting shitloads of chants and keeping the belief up all game, when many were silent or nervous.

Tomorrow feels the same but alas I won't be there. At least I'm alive to watch it though, unlike my old man and a good mate who have since passed away young :cry:

Come on boys, be the Reading that I know and love and make us all proud, here or on the other side.

COME ON YOU ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Apr 2023 08:04

Millsy Guys this is our 2001 playoff semi-final all over again.

My lads and I were there, starting shitloads of chants and keeping the belief up all game, when many were silent or nervous.

Tomorrow feels the same but alas I won't be there. At least I'm alive to watch it though, unlike my old man and a good mate who have since passed away young :cry:

Come on boys, be the Reading that I know and love and make us all proud, here or on the other side.

COME ON YOU ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wish the club had Cureton and Forster available, even at their ages now!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Apr 2023 08:05

morganb
Singing Defective

TIFO in 1871:

If you are in 1871 tomorrow, there will be a blue or white tifo sheet tucked in your seats. Take one from your seat and lift up as the players walk out

What is a TIFO?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Apr 2023 08:06

Stranded
South Coast Royal I hear there has been a minor blip on payment of wages by the due date.........again.

Heard that playing staff aren't affected but office staff are. Could be wrong though.

SHAMBLOLES

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Apr 2023 08:27

Sutekh
morganb
Singing Defective

TIFO in 1871:

What is a TIFO?

I had to google it. https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/what-is ... khbbmk722n

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Apr 2023 08:34

Managed to nab one of the last tickets I’m sitting on my own as billy no mates. I had no idea we were going to sell out, I went on last night to be book me and my daughters seats and there weren’t two seat left next to each other. Gutted. Unbelievable effort from the fans. The stadium is going to be rocking. Will be up with the prawn sandwich munchers in the upper west if anyone wants to come and say hi

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Apr 2023 09:02

Thanks - definition:

Tifo is the word used to describe a colourful, vibrant and usually choreographed visual display by football supporters. It is also a phenomenon in other sports, such as cycling and auto racing.

Displays of a tifo normally occur within stadiums before and during games but can also take place outside a ground.

In many cases the visual displays are carefully planned and often each individual supporter forms part of a mosaic by wearing or holding a particular colour.

And this is being entrusted to 1871?

Cameras at the ready to beam it round the world.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 29 Apr 2023 09:20

Sutekh
Brogue
Sutekh
What is a TIFO?

I had to google it. https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/what-is ... khbbmk722n

Thanks - definition:

Tifo is the word used to describe a colourful, vibrant and usually choreographed visual display by football supporters. It is also a phenomenon in other sports, such as cycling and auto racing.

Displays of a tifo normally occur within stadiums before and during games but can also take place outside a ground.

In many cases the visual displays are carefully planned and often each individual supporter forms part of a mosaic by wearing or holding a particular colour.

And this is being entrusted to 1871?

Cameras at the ready to beam it round the world.

Sorry, I knew what a tifo was as my boys play FIFA and they are a thing on there

I think we technically did one at the Huddersfield play-off final using the blue and white carrier bags (think it was just our hoops, nothing too complicated).

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Apr 2023 09:33

Millsy Guys this is our 2001 playoff semi-final all over again.

I’d feel more confident today if we had players in the mold of Forster and cureton

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 29 Apr 2023 09:39

Today let's definitely sing for the royals

https://youtu.be/FpLTaksQ4no

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 29 Apr 2023 09:44

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(proper butterflies and excitement today)

183 posts