HMRC Winding up petition/order

398 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: HMRC Winding up petition/order

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2023 18:24

From Despair To Where? I'd also add to my previous post that there are 2 players that we have reportedly agreed terms with; Theo Walcott, a player who has played and played well at a much higher level under our pending new manager, and Harvey Knibbs, a player with significant League 1 experience. This tells me that scouting and recruitment is being led by our management and scouting team and not some shady super agent with undue influence over the owner.

Another good point well made.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Jul 2023 19:34

Hound What I do find a bit odd is how little anyone seems to know outside the club. Normally you at least get some rumours or inside knowledge of what’s going on being posted out, but other than Walcott and Knibbs really seems very very little

But they seem to have stopped the leaks for quite a while quite effectively

Its a shame the current local journos, media and radio, are probably the worst ever, as sports journalists they should be all over this instead of moaning on twitter like the fans.

And before anyone says, Charles Watts and Benji Nurick had plenty of inside contacts under the same regime.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jul 2023 20:30

Mid Sussex Royal
Hound What I do find a bit odd is how little anyone seems to know outside the club. Normally you at least get some rumours or inside knowledge of what’s going on being posted out, but other than Walcott and Knibbs really seems very very little

Its a shame the current local journos, media and radio, are probably the worst ever, as sports journalists they should be all over this instead of moaning on twitter like the fans.

And before anyone says, Charles Watts and Benji Nurick had plenty of inside contacts under the same regime.

Even JLow posted something out the other day which was as close as we’ve had to a rumour from a local (ex) journo.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jul 2023 20:49

I do think that the fact the Nationals aren't really picking up on it suggests that the situation isn't as perilous as some sections of our fanbase like to make out.

If this was all over the Nationals, I'd be very concerned.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Jul 2023 22:15

From Despair To Where? I do think that the fact the Nationals aren't really picking up on it suggests that the situation isn't as perilous as some sections of our fanbase like to make out.

Nah, they just aren't interested because it's only little Reading.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 05 Jul 2023 23:27

Hound
Mid Sussex Royal

Even JLow posted something out the other day which was as close as we’ve had to a rumour from a local (ex) journo.

Has JLow left for good then? Must’ve missed that. What a relief…he didn’t seem to have any contacts by the end. Some of the criticism levelled at him was nasty, but he wasn’t great was he

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jul 2023 08:31

From Despair To Where? I do think that the fact the Nationals aren't really picking up on it suggests that the situation isn't as perilous as some sections of our fanbase like to make out.

Not a great sign when local MP's are writing to the Secretary of State though either, but take the point. It's a concerning situation for everyone involved, but not a disaster.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jul 2023 09:22

I expect there will be a flurry of announcements at some point - probably a number of signings, the manager, the EFL situation

It’s frustrating waiting but does seem to be waiting on one particular thing to happen

The club are actually posting a lot from Spain and have posted about outgoings so it’s not like it’s total silence

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Jul 2023 09:31

Hound The club are actually posting a lot from Spain and have posted about outgoings so it’s not like it’s total silence

They haven’t said anything on either Jared Dublin or the 16 year old kid who was sold to Man City.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jul 2023 09:33

What is to say? How is the club saying it going to affect what you already know about it? Will it change anything? If you are putting your life on hold because the clubs social media kid hasn't Tweeted a bit of information then you really need to go and see someone.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Jul 2023 09:45

RG30
Hound The club are actually posting a lot from Spain and have posted about outgoings so it’s not like it’s total silence

They haven’t said anything on either Jared Dublin or the 16 year old kid who was sold to Man City.

Honest question, would they normally? i.e. historically, not just this summer?

I may be forgetting things but have we previously announced 16 year old kids moving on from our Academy, fee or no fee?

I also don't recall there being previous announcments on backroom staff (outside immediate first team coaching staff) moving on either - again could be wrong.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Jul 2023 09:59

Stranded
RG30

Honest question, would they normally? i.e. historically, not just this summer?

I may be forgetting things but have we previously announced 16 year old kids moving on from our Academy, fee or no fee?

I also don't recall there being previous announcments on backroom staff (outside immediate first team coaching staff) moving on either - again could be wrong.

Probably none since Shaun Allaway to Leeds? However you could argue an England U16 striker going to Man City for a reported £700k fee was newsworthy especially when there was lots of scrutiny on club finances. They like to drone on about how good our academy so it’s a positive story that should be applauded.

The Dublin departure I’m surprised they didn’t announce given he was genuinely an impressive coup at the time and how well he came across at the Blue Collar Event.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Jul 2023 10:07

Non payment of wages has been removed from the list of charges levelled at us on the EFL site.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Jul 2023 10:10

windermereROYAL Non payment of wages has been removed from the list of charges levelled at us on the EFL site.

As EFL sent out a comms when it went on, hopefully, we'll hear today/tomorrow why it's been removed and if any related charge has been dismissed or a punishment agreed.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 Jul 2023 13:23

The HMRC one is still there but the P&S one has gone as well now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jul 2023 08:29

I'm sure there is someone on here that is better educated on the process but if I have read this right: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/insolvency/content/101087

If the petition is progressing, shouldn't we have seen on it on The Gazette by now? Can't find anything at all.

I know there is some other system that people have been using but no idea how to get to that and which one is more relevant.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 07 Jul 2023 10:35

No, it will only be posted to the Gazette if and when the club actually has been wound up.

I do wonder if we're all over-reacting slightly to all of this. The EFL site states that they've only been reporting these various transgressions, for the sake of transparency, for the last two years. That makes me wonder just how often these kinds of transgressions actually occur, and how often in the past they have all been dealt with between EFL and clubs without much if any of it ever becoming common knowledge. The club are being lambasted for incompetence, but we have no idea how often other clubs have been in similar breaches particularly if, for example, it's because the "breach" is actually mediation between two clubs because eg. a loan agreement is ambiguous.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jul 2023 11:53

rabidbee No, it will only be posted to the Gazette if and when the club actually has been wound up.

I do wonder if we're all over-reacting slightly to all of this. The EFL site states that they've only been reporting these various transgressions, for the sake of transparency, for the last two years. That makes me wonder just how often these kinds of transgressions actually occur, and how often in the past they have all been dealt with between EFL and clubs without much if any of it ever becoming common knowledge. The club are being lambasted for incompetence, but we have no idea how often other clubs have been in similar breaches particularly if, for example, it's because the "breach" is actually mediation between two clubs because eg. a loan agreement is ambiguous.

Ah ok, the article I linked to from The Gazette said that the petition would be advertised publicily in The Gazette 7 working days after being served unless the company has managed to put a hold on proceedings.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 07 Jul 2023 12:22

Sorry, you're right and I'm wrong. It will appear in the Gazette seven days after a court hearing date is set, according to the Gazette.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/all-notices/content/100380

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2023 12:51

Hey rabid, welcome back.

*waves*

398 posts