Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Apr 2024 16:54

I'd take anything Darragh McAnthony says with a pinch of salt, the bloke's full of shit.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 02 Apr 2024 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

royal67

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by royal67 » 02 Apr 2024 17:02

From Despair To Where? I'd take anything Darragh McAnthony says with a inch of salt, the bloke's full of shit.

^^ This...... ^^ I would imagine that if he had foot to stand on legally he would have called us out during that interview.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Apr 2024 17:36

royal67
From Despair To Where? I'd take anything Darragh McAnthony says with a inch of salt, the bloke's full of shit.

^^ This...... ^^ I would imagine that if he had foot to stand on legally he would have called us out during that interview.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Wouldn't want any new owners willing to file a defamation law suit...

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 Apr 2024 17:54

royal67

He seems to think he had a legal case because the suspended part of the 12 point penalty got applied later, even though it didn't get applied until March of the following season, because we hadn't breached our business plan until then.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2024 18:08

tmesis
royal67

He seems to think he had a legal case because the suspended part of the 12 point penalty got applied later, even though it didn't get applied until March of the following season, because we hadn't breached our business plan until then.

Arguably we'd chosen to breach it before we signed it and certainly by the end of the summer transfer window.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 02 Apr 2024 18:22

Snowflake Royal
tmesis
royal67 ^^ This...... ^^ I would imagine that if he had foot to stand on legally he would have called us out during that interview.

Arguably we'd chosen to breach it before we signed it and certainly by the end of the summer transfer window.

But surely until it was actually breached there wasn’t an issue ?
I know there are some offences in which you can be accused of planning to do something or conspiracy but I don’t think this would be the case here. It would be like arresting someone driving at 30mph on the basis that they had already decided to drive at 80 a few miles down the road.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 02 Apr 2024 18:28

Crusader Royal
Snowflake Royal
tmesis He seems to think he had a legal case because the suspended part of the 12 point penalty got applied later, even though it didn't get applied until March of the following season, because we hadn't breached our business plan until then.

I know there are some offences in which you can be accused of planning to do something or conspiracy but I don’t think this would be the case here. It would be like arresting someone driving at 30mph on the basis that they had already decided to drive at 80 a few miles down the road.

With something like contracts, which will be where most of the club's expenses will come from, the club would know how much money they've committed to spending prior to actually spending it. Say we've signed someone of £1k p/w for four years, we can assume we're paying that player £1k p/w until his contract expires - even if there's a possibility that player will be sold within that time.

The difference would be that we're legally committing ourselves to travelling at 80mph, as opposed to thinking and deciding on a whim about travelling at 80mph (ie. there would be nothing to prevent you from changing your mind until you're actually doing 80mph).

The club would know in advance what most of their costs will be throughout a season due to contracts.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Apr 2024 19:42

Crusader Royal
Snowflake Royal
tmesis He seems to think he had a legal case because the suspended part of the 12 point penalty got applied later, even though it didn't get applied until March of the following season, because we hadn't breached our business plan until then.

Then arguably he should be suing the EFL for imposing a suspended sentence if it was considered likely that we wouldn't comply but they can only apply a deduction based on the evidence available at the time. The season officially ends at the end of June so anything that happens after that isn't in the same season even if the new one hasn't started. Any new signings made in the summer are irrelevant to the season before.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2024 20:01

Crusader Royal
Snowflake Royal

Given the business plan required millions in player sales, and players can only be sold in two windows, by making no effort to hawk anyone out except a failed attempt with Puscas is deciding not to comply with the business plan, and not complying with it long before the final date.

Don't know whether the FL work to standard practice where intent is important, in criminal terms Actus Reus and Mens Rhea, or if they operate on a strict liability basis with only the act important, not intent.

But if they do include intent, which would be reasonable, we clearly had the intent from the get go.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 02 Apr 2024 20:20

Snowflake Royal
Crusader Royal
Snowflake Royal Arguably we'd chosen to breach it before we signed it and certainly by the end of the summer transfer window.

Given the business plan required millions in player sales, and players can only be sold in two windows, by making no effort to hawk anyone out except a failed attempt with Puscas is deciding not to comply with the business plan, and not complying with it long before the final date.

Don't know whether the FL work to standard practice where intent is important, in criminal terms Actus Reus and Mens Rhea, or if they operate on a strict liability basis with only the act important, not intent.

But if they do include intent, which would be reasonable, we clearly had the intent from the get go.

I think there are some rather large assumptions there…..and not entirely sure of all of the logic.
Without being part of the RFC management team you are speculating at best.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 Apr 2024 20:21

Snowflake Royal
Crusader Royal
Snowflake Royal Arguably we'd chosen to breach it before we signed it and certainly by the end of the summer transfer window.

The EFL agreed our spending, as they had to clear any signings we made.

They'd have had to agree to our planned income too, even if it did include player sales. Quite how you can prove we deliberately didn't sell players would be very hard to do. Puscas was obviously a gamble on Pisa going up, that failed, but unless we were turning down bids for players, the fact that we didn't sell anyone isn't proof we wouldn't have done so if we'd got a decent bid.

The fact remains though that you can't backdate a points deduction, and Peterborough were not unfairly relegated.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Apr 2024 08:15

tmesis
Snowflake Royal
Crusader Royal

The EFL agreed our spending, as they had to clear any signings we made.

They'd have had to agree to our planned income too, even if it did include player sales. Quite how you can prove we deliberately didn't sell players would be very hard to do. Puscas was obviously a gamble on Pisa going up, that failed, but unless we were turning down bids for players, the fact that we didn't sell anyone isn't proof we wouldn't have done so if we'd got a decent bid.

The fact remains though that you can't backdate a points deduction, and Peterborough were not unfairly relegated.

Just wish the FL acted sooner on the raving lunatic owner, they started to with that soft embargo but then went missing when the idiot went out and sanctioned a £12m spend as soon as they lifted it. Even leaving the embargo in place for the entirety of the window might have stopped that particular idiocy and therefore slowed the attempted suicide down.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Apr 2024 11:49

What an absolute bozo that man is

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 03 Apr 2024 13:00

bit harsh on winnie

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Apr 2024 19:01

sputnik bit harsh on winnie

:D

2555 posts