TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3423 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Nov 2023 12:29

Stranded Telegraph claiming an exclusive that Dai Yongge is flying in for takeover talks:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ver-talks/

Thought he already lived in the UK? Could be confused with his sister supposedly flying in.

The Telegraph's standard of journalism is utterly dreadful.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Nov 2023 12:32

Franchise FC Business sales are notoriously slow, so I’m not getting my hopes up too soon.

Hopefully, I’ll be wrong

It's been moving at glacial speed for months so hopefully not much left to run. These things are slow until urgency is injected, then they're not. It seems like we've reached that point.

There will be a gap between EFL approval, announcement and completion, but if the buyer is willing to inject funding at that stage it doesn't matter.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Nov 2023 12:35

Any chance we can get a new manager before completion? In consultation with the prospective owner?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Nov 2023 12:52

Hound Definitely starting to sound a bit more optimistic

Steady on Hounders

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 10 Nov 2023 13:12

Snowflake Royal Any chance we can get a new manager before completion? In consultation with the prospective owner?

Ii think this will be a nailed on certainty with new owners.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 10 Nov 2023 13:21

Hope he brought a bag full of money with him, enough to pay the wages (and taxman) this month.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Nov 2023 13:23

Ark Royal
Snowflake Royal Any chance we can get a new manager before completion? In consultation with the prospective owner?

From Bowen`s statement yesterday it said we couldn`t pay fees, loan fees or compensation fees for the next three windows.
begs the question, can we pay him off?

zaskar

by zaskar » 10 Nov 2023 13:34

windermereROYAL
Ark Royal

From Bowen`s statement yesterday it said we couldn`t pay fees, loan fees or compensation fees for the next three windows.

I don't think he was talking about compensation for sacking the manager, most likely referring to compensation fees for young players that reject contract extensions:
https://www.leathesprior.co.uk/news/com ... -a-mystery

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Nov 2023 13:36

zaskar
windermereROYAL
Ark Royal

I don't think he was talking about compensation for sacking the manager, most likely referring to compensation fees for young players that reject contract extensions:

It will be that. We cannot pay anything to bring a player to the club - it has to be an actual free transfer.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 10 Nov 2023 13:59

I am pretty sure once something is agreed with Dai then the new owner can put money in for wages etc, pay off the manager as a loan pending formal EFL approval?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Nov 2023 14:06

blythspartan It definitely sounds like things are moving forward now, but I have learned not to get my hopes up too much.

We really need to make sure the gap to safety doesn’t increase between now and Christmas. Hopefully, with new owners we’ll get our first sensible manager appointment for years. I know this is bad but I almost dislike Selles as much as Dai.

Sad as it's not Ruben's fault

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Nov 2023 14:08

windermereROYAL
Ark Royal

Yes we can put him on gardening leave and just hire another manager

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 10 Nov 2023 15:17

Royal_jimmy
blythspartan It definitely sounds like things are moving forward now, but I have learned not to get my hopes up too much.

We really need to make sure the gap to safety doesn’t increase between now and Christmas. Hopefully, with new owners we’ll get our first sensible manager appointment for years. I know this is bad but I almost dislike Selles as much as Dai.

Sad as it's not Ruben's fault

Yup, that 4-2-2-2- is nothing to do with him..

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Nov 2023 16:00

Stranded
zaskar
windermereROYAL

It will be that. We cannot pay anything to bring a player to the club - it has to be an actual free transfer.

Probably means we can't pay compo for a manager already in a job too. May have also been the case when Selles was appointed.

under the tin

by under the tin » 10 Nov 2023 16:29

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded
zaskar

Probably means we can't pay compo for a manager already in a job too. May have also been the case when Selles was appointed.

Good point. So that also restricts our options for the next manager as well. Can only recruit someone who's not currently under contract elsewhere.
Pardew's number, anyone?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Nov 2023 16:39

under the tin
Pepe the Horseman
Stranded

Good point. So that also restricts our options for the next manager as well. Can only recruit someone who's not currently under contract elsewhere.
Pardew's number, anyone?

Plenty of managers available though that are out of contact. John Eustace probably the standout name although he will probably get a Championship job again somewhere. Chris Wilder could be another rumour again. Danny Cowley, Steve Cotterill are all standard L1 names that get linked with almost every job etc.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Nov 2023 16:41

Remember when half tbe board/Twitter was up in arms about Cotteril? I’d take him as manager now…

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Nov 2023 16:54

I expect it'll be Steve Bruce if Ashley takes over.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Nov 2023 18:05

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 10 Nov 2023 18:08

Not surprising Pang has not been seen for 6 months.

Hope he's not on the payroll, given his role it will be recorded in the next financials if he is still being paid,

3423 posts