TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3415 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Nov 2023 18:25

Worst case scenario they're as bad as Dai and it's as you were. They can't be any worse, but they can be better. We just can't guess at this stage.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 27 Nov 2023 18:49

I can't believe the EFL will pass any director related to our takeover who isn't speaky clean. They can't run the risk of getting it wrong again.

Their reutation is on the line here.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Nov 2023 19:11

Wycombe Royal I can't believe the EFL will pass any director related to our takeover who isn't speaky clean. They can't run the risk of getting it wrong again.

Ffs this looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Nov 2023 19:47

Well being close to Dai going has to be good. Will reserve all judgement on this potential deal until it has happened.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Nov 2023 20:04

May go one better than Dai and get us over the line with administration within 3-5 years.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Nov 2023 20:21

I really don't like the sound of this

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Nov 2023 20:24

If this guy is involved it just looks like son of Dai tbh.
https://www.largsandmillportnews.com/sp ... al-hammad/

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Nov 2023 20:30

Norfolk Royal If this guy is involved it just looks like son of Dai tbh.

Calm the fuck down, there`s no way the EFL are approving it if this guy is involved.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Nov 2023 20:37

windermereROYAL

Calm the fuck down, there`s no way the EFL are approving it if this guy is involved.

You think? I wouldn’t be so sure.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Nov 2023 20:51

Norfolk Royal
windermereROYAL

He`s got history of not paying wages, after the last 2 years do you think they want to keep punishing us? It`s in their best interest to have a well run and stable Reading football club.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Nov 2023 21:49

After the advice from Bolton fans to Reading fans last week not to let Anderson near our club, Wigan fans are now advising us not to let Al Hammad near us. Thanks for the advice. Let me give Dai and Kia a call and tell them to sell to someone else.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Nov 2023 23:23

Wycombe Royal I can't believe the EFL will pass any director related to our takeover who isn't speaky clean. They can't run the risk of getting it wrong again.

There's not exactly leeway. If the money is evidenced, and they don't have a clear disqualifying criteria, they pass. End. Otherwise the FL just open themselves up to having the arse sued out of them by angry rich people.

Not exactly thrilled by this angle, and I don't know a lot about Wigan's issues, but if it wasn't rampant and bad overspending, but money just not materialising. More Zingarevich than Dai. Now if this Chairman bloke wasn't actually part of the source of the money, and just running the show when funding didn't show up, I'm not sure how responsible he could be held for not paying the bills, in the same way none of us hold Bowen, or even Pang potentially, responsible for the mess we're in. Or Howe in Zingarevich's case.

So it's not exactly positive news if this is the team taking over, but it also isn't necessarily definitely bad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Nov 2023 23:26

windermereROYAL
Norfolk Royal
windermereROYAL

He`s got history of not paying wages, after the last 2 years do you think they want to keep punishing us? It`s in their best interest to have a well run and stable Reading football club.

This isn't a subjective process. There is an objective process.

If Satan were real, didn't have any fraud convictions or similar and could point to a big enough bank account the FL would approve him.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Nov 2023 06:23

Snowflake Royal

There's not exactly leeway. If the money is evidenced, and they don't have a clear disqualifying criteria, they pass. End. Otherwise the FL just open themselves up to having the arse sued out of them by angry rich people.

Not exactly thrilled by this angle, and I don't know a lot about Wigan's issues, but if it wasn't rampant and bad overspending, but money just not materialising. More Zingarevich than Dai. Now if this Chairman bloke wasn't actually part of the source of the money, and just running the show when funding didn't show up, I'm not sure how responsible he could be held for not paying the bills, in the same way none of us hold Bowen, or even Pang potentially, responsible for the mess we're in. Or Howe in Zingarevich's case.

So it's not exactly positive news if this is the team taking over, but it also isn't necessarily definitely bad.

While you've been riling me up on the Selles thread, I'd say 100% this. Of course, you can't really find out anything useful about Genevra online so funding could be an issue for all we know. A reputable investment firm will have details on companies they've invested in and assets under management figures available online, but absolutely nothing to find with Genevra. They tried to buy a stake in Man Utd earlier in the year, so I'd expect what they're paying here to be small beer in comparison.

And of course, we have no idea how good they would be at actually running the club.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Nov 2023 06:56

windermereROYAL
Norfolk Royal
windermereROYAL

The "lack of" money men had a history of not paying. Do we know if he had the cash or if he was just put in charge on the ground?

If the latter and he was essentially employed, then any bad decision by the owner are not on him. I am suspect but will reserve all judgement until any deal is confirmed, which tbh at this point I would probably be about any deal.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Nov 2023 07:54

Snowflake Royal

This is a well balanced read.

I still think it will probably all end in disaster if Genevra takeover, but I am basing that on past events.

Just like when I wanted Wilder as manager I want Ashley as owner. Anyway, time will tell whether they’re just a bunch of shysters.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Nov 2023 08:43

Snowflake Royal

Yeah I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. Also read that it will depend who is directly involved in the club as well. Could a lot of Wigan's issues been impacted through Covid as well potentially? I don't know how rich (or not) Genevra are/were but they may have just had to cut back massively on their spending during Covid times.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Nov 2023 09:07

According to the local press in Wigan, he's only brokering the deal. That could mean that his involvement goes no further than setting up a deal.

We don't know, though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Nov 2023 09:16

windermereROYAL

Whoever is chairman might possibly be just a "front" for those providing the money so may ultimately be irrelevant in the scheme of things, just depends how any deal is structured.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Nov 2023 09:18

The Genevra philosophy, according to their website, is

https://genevra.net/philosophy

3415 posts