TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
RFCMod

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by RFCMod » 23 Dec 2023 10:01

Well thats why I got my lad to take the photo as it bloody looked like him but then someone said it could have been Brian Carey
He was definitely giving Selles the lowdown on something

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2023 10:44

RFCMod Well thats why I got my lad to take the photo as it bloody looked like him but then someone said it could have been Brian Carey

Brian Carey 10 years ago

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2023 11:34

I don't see why Samuelson would have any communication with Selles, and it doesn't look that much like him.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Dec 2023 15:55

RFCMod Well thats why I got my lad to take the photo as it bloody looked like him but then someone said it could have been Brian Carey

That's 100% Brian Carey

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Dec 2023 10:00

Mid Sussex Royal Reading stuff on Twitter that Generva is back on, the delay was Dai changing lawyers and same bid is on the table...

I do wonder how recent results change the dynamic. 6 weeks ago, any buyer just had to sit back and watch the value plummet. Time was all against Dai.

Now, we have a team showing real potential, who if we keep them together, should comfortably stay up and then be in the mix for promotion next season. But it all hinges on ownership. If there is no hope of a takeover, expect sales in January and no contract extensions ahead of the summer. Expect a struggle to survive this season and no hope of improvement next season.

So if a new owner wants to buy a club with a chance of returning to the Championship within 2 - 3 years, get it done fast. It feels like the coming month is massive.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 Dec 2023 10:02

WestYorksRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Reading stuff on Twitter that Generva is back on, the delay was Dai changing lawyers and same bid is on the table...

I do wonder how recent results change the dynamic. 6 weeks ago, any buyer just had to sit back and watch the value plummet. Time was all against Dai.

Now, we have a team showing real potential, who if we keep them together, should comfortably stay up and then be in the mix for promotion next season. But it all hinges on ownership. If there is no hope of a takeover, expect sales in January and no contract extensions ahead of the summer. Expect a struggle to survive this season and no hope of improvement next season.

So if a new owner wants to buy a club with a chance of returning to the Championship within 2 - 3 years, get it done fast. It feels like the coming month is massive.

Don’t get carried away m3

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 29 Dec 2023 21:25

Dr Dozy, the guy who was gonna buy Sheff Utd is a a con man shocker :shock:

https://www.reuters.com/technology/ting ... 023-12-20/

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Dec 2023 17:33

I was told one of the reasons for Dai fcuking up the deal, was that he wanted a percentage of future player sales, which is obviously ridiculous.

Now wondering if it was actually to do with Olise's (alleged) sell on. Gotta be worth around £150m now.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Dec 2023 17:39

Pepe the Horseman I was told one of the reasons for Dai fcuking up the deal, was that he wanted a percentage of future player sales, which is obviously ridiculous.

Now wondering if it was actually to do with Olise's (alleged) sell on. Gotta be worth around £150m now.

Why oh why do we have to be owned by such an imbecile

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Dec 2023 17:46

SouthDownsRoyal
Pepe the Horseman I was told one of the reasons for Dai fcuking up the deal, was that he wanted a percentage of future player sales, which is obviously ridiculous.

It's probably compulsory for every club, at some point in its history, to be owned by a complete imbecile (or set of imbeciles) and Reading just happens to be going through its imbecile now.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Dec 2023 18:55

Sounds like rubbish. Who exactly at the club is worth more than £500k/£1m? The promising academy players are out of contract in the summer.

Olise has no sell on, if you activate a release clause like Palace did they are free to negotiate with the player and not the club.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 30 Dec 2023 19:16

To be fair - It's pretty standard that an owner in this position would ask for future payments based on any 'windfalls' the club gets over the next few years. Whether that be promotions, player sales or anything else. Though, that would be based on the assumption that initial sale price was relatively low.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Dec 2023 19:34

SouthDownsRoyal

Because the more toxic owners you have, the more of a poisoned chalice you've become, so the more likely that you'll be bought by an imbecile. Every sensible, rational potential buyer will have taken one look and run a mile.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Dec 2023 20:24

Mid Sussex Royal

Sounds like rubbish. Who exactly at the club is worth more than £500k/£1m? The promising academy players are out of contract in the summer.

Olise has no sell on, if you activate a release clause like Palace did they are free to negotiate with the player and not the club.

Now? No one.

In the future? Potentially any of Abbey, Smith, Ehibhatiomhan, Craig, Vickers, Bindon, Dorsett, Holmes, McIntyre, Knibbs, Elliott, Savage, Wareham, Mbengue, Abrefa, Carson, CBC...

Who thought Richards would get a Bundasliga move a year before he did?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Dec 2023 23:02

Mid Sussex Royal

The person that told me has absolutely no reason to lie, so it's definitely not rubbish.

Wrt Olise, there were some fairly reliable people who were adamant that he had a sell on. I know we couldn't have negotiated one with Palace, but it's possible that the actual buyout clause was £8m+ x% sell on.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 Dec 2023 23:06

Didn't Bowen say there is no Olise sell on clause at the Blue Collar thingy?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Dec 2023 00:58

Orion1871 Didn't Bowen say there is no Olise sell on clause at the Blue Collar thingy?

Yeh, but some twitter random has claimed we do, so I'd rather believe him as it gives us something to cling on to.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 31 Dec 2023 08:56

The man has managed this football club so badly, so much so we might end up in the basement division and has the audacity of asking for future bonus payments!

He can oxf*rd right off!

Maybe he fancies a trip to The Canaries. I have heard there is a certain yacht available when he gets there :arrow:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Dec 2023 09:10

Pepe the Horseman
Orion1871 Didn't Bowen say there is no Olise sell on clause at the Blue Collar thingy?

Yeh, but some twitter random has claimed we do, so I'd rather believe him as it gives us something to cling on to.

Tbf Bowen’s not been wholly reliable either. Even a couple of percent sell on would be an absolute windfall on Olise if he did get sold now.

It’s plausible that Dai is holding on for some sort of cut of sales. I’m still not convinced he’s actively wanting to sell, with Ejaria gone costs must be reducing rapidly. There’s a chance he’ll just hide away as much as he can and stumble on, hoping that we do somehow push for promotion again without splashing out

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 31 Dec 2023 11:01

It would seem unlikely that a release fee would also come with a sell-on clause, but I guess it's not impossible. It depends if we had someone savvy enough to draw up the contract to realise that if he goes for £8 million, then there's potential that he could be resold for even more later.

3413 posts