Hob Nob Regular

Re: Parking

by BRO_BOT » 11 Dec 2023 16:51

Just leave when the oppo scores their third goal...avoid any crowd*

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 11 Dec 2023 16:52

PlasticRoyal After the match theres always a stream of people heading across the on-site carpark to the cut-through onto brooks drive....

Is there parking there too? Or bus stops? Where are they going?

We go that way to Green Park station

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Dec 2023 16:52

BRO_BOT Just leave when the oppo scores their first goal...avoid any crowd*

Corrected.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 11 Dec 2023 17:02

Arnie_Pie I expect this has been asked loads of times so apologies in advance. On the occasions I attend, it's always on a Saturday and I get the train in to town and then the bus.

As it's a Tuesday, against Oxford (concerned about potential trouble) and and I've got my 11 year old in tow who needs to go to school in the morning, I want to park for the first time. I'll be coming off and back onto the M4.

How long are the queues likely to be getting out of the onsite parking and am I better off parking a bit further away and walking?

Cheers.

Potential trouble? Been to Oxfud a few times and found it to be a very pleasant city. So have no reason to feel that they won't reciprocate past hospitality 8)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2023 17:11

Hendo
Orion1871 On that note. Whatever happened to the user on here who used to call the stadium the "ego dome" and said they wouldn't return until Madejski had gone? Presumably, they came back and are enjoying life under Dai and the other owners we have had since Sir Mad.

I know that RoyalBlue always had a been in his bonnet about Madejski.

Woodcote wasn't he?

Him who would sit in the carpark and listen to Coppell's team selection before he'd decide whether to actually go in the stadium? :lol: :lol: oxf*rd div.

Millsy (as 2ww1wc) was another where's the money gone, spend spend spend merchant under Madejski iirc. Like RoyalBlue.

And then of course, there's Schards, who I'm sure has enjoyed the sea change he said we needed.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 11 Dec 2023 17:17

morganb
PlasticRoyal After the match theres always a stream of people heading across the on-site carpark to the cut-through onto brooks drive....

Is there parking there too? Or bus stops? Where are they going?

We go that way to Green Park station

Yep, or the Green Wave bus stop at the base of the steps or the afore-mentioned builders' car park.

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 11 Dec 2023 17:21

I have always parked at B&Q etc, never been a problem, 5 min walk to the ground and free.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 11 Dec 2023 18:13

Hendo
Arnie_Pie I expect this has been asked loads of times so apologies in advance. On the occasions I attend, it's always on a Saturday and I get the train in to town and then the bus.

As it's a Tuesday, against Oxford (concerned about potential trouble) and and I've got my 11 year old in tow who needs to go to school in the morning, I want to park for the first time. I'll be coming off and back onto the M4.

How long are the queues likely to be getting out of the onsite parking and am I better off parking a bit further away and walking?

Cheers.

Would suggest parking and getting the bus from Mereoak. Unless you and your boy fancy a 30 min walk to the stadium.

I prefer the Foster Wheeler car park, simply because they seem better at sorting buses out after the game. There's always a huge queue for Mereoak.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 11 Dec 2023 18:49

Cheers all, I'll take a punt at the offsite / dog track.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Dec 2023 21:46

Tinpot Royal I noticed when walking from Mereoak on Saturday that you can park at the Tesco depot for £5 (cash), would imagine that's a challenge to get out of though

I noticed this as well. Only a tennis balls throw from the ground. Hand written sign by the entrance. I'm tempted to give it a go. The bus from Mereoak is robbery.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 11 Dec 2023 22:39

Arnie_Pie Cheers all, I'll take a punt at the offsite / dog track.

Oh here we go!

Yeh I think this one's got legs.