MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (a)

130 posts
skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (a)

by skipper » 13 Apr 2024 17:33

Barnsley had a strong 2nd half. Pretty even on balance. Looking forward to the highlights.

Now that Wing has scored his 10th, do that mean we've had 4 players score over 10 goals in a season? For the first time since.....

Snowball or someone, please verify?!

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Apr 2024 17:37

Strange atmosphere at FT. It felt like neither the fans nor the players worked out we were safe, so there were no celebrations. Probably the players frustrated at the equaliser having gone ahead late on.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 13 Apr 2024 17:38

Even though Barnsley are in a bit of a lull, thought the URZZZ played really well. Too bad about that 2nd Barnsley goal - really soft. But we're safe and now we can look forward to building around this really good young team.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 13 Apr 2024 17:44

skipper Barnsley had a strong 2nd half. Pretty even on balance. Looking forward to the highlights.

Now that Wing has scored his 10th, do that mean we've had 4 players score over 10 goals in a season? For the first time since.....

2005-06. Kitson 22 (18 league); Doyle 19 (18); Lita 15 (11); Sidwell 10 (10).

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Apr 2024 18:04

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Sutekh FT 2-2.

With Port Vale and Cheltenham both losing that means Reading are now 10 (TEN) points clear of the bottom 4. Port Vale (21st) don't have enough games left to be able to reach 50 points and Cheltenham can only do so if they win all 4 games they have left but would have to make a good 20 goal or so swing in the process and hope Reading lose both their last games, therefore, effectively, they can't get above Reading either so I'd say Reading are now 100% safe unless Dai produces another piece of stupidity.

Burton have 3 games left and can get to 52 points so if they lose at home to Cheltenham on Tuesday then Reading will be mathematically safe rather than just "realistically" safe. A Burton win means Reading will need just 1 point from Burton or Blackpool to be mathematical.

I might be getting muddled but I thought we had another 2 points suspended to come off, which knowing Dai isn't unlikely is it?

Only if we make a late payment for something. There's basically max one bill left to pay before the end of the season and the prospective owners have put money into the club secured against Bearwood to pay the bills.

Ah OK thank Ian.

I must've missed that. Doesn't make sense to me that someone is paying our bills for us when people haven't signed on the dotted line yet. What if the deal falls through- Dai will owe then owe them whatever this is. Good luck trying to get that. You'd have to be mad to trust that guy with anything. Obviously it's above my head but as long as it's sorted that's cool and i can relax.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2024 18:16

skipper Barnsley had a strong 2nd half. Pretty even on balance. Looking forward to the highlights.

Er...

Good question.

Closest I can find is 2010/11, but Hunt only got 9 in 4th, so missed it by one goal. Ditto 2009/10 but Long in 4th on 9.

It's 2005/6
Kitson 22, Doyle 19, Lita 15, Sidwell 10

Also one goal shy for Taylor in 4th in 94/95.

So only second time since at least 1993/94 and the other was our best ever season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2024 18:18

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy
I might be getting muddled but I thought we had another 2 points suspended to come off, which knowing Dai isn't unlikely is it?

Only if we make a late payment for something. There's basically max one bill left to pay before the end of the season and the prospective owners have put money into the club secured against Bearwood to pay the bills.

Ah OK thank Ian.

I must've missed that. Doesn't make sense to me that someone is paying our bills for us when people haven't signed on the dotted line yet. What if the deal falls through- Dai will owe then owe them whatever this is. Good luck trying to get that. You'd have to be mad to trust that guy with anything. Obviously it's above my head but as long as it's sorted that's cool and i can relax.

We signed Roberts and kept Kebe with the same sort of loan when Zingarevich was in talks.

And the loan is supposedly secured against the training ground, so they'd get their money back from any sale of it.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Apr 2024 18:23

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Snowflake Royal Only if we make a late payment for something. There's basically max one bill left to pay before the end of the season and the prospective owners have put money into the club secured against Bearwood to pay the bills.

Ah OK thank Ian.

We signed Roberts and kept Kebe with the same sort of loan when Zingarevich was in talks.

And the loan is supposedly secured against the training ground, so they'd get their money back from any sale of it.

And if it’s first charge they could place that part of the business into administration over Dai ‘s head

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 13 Apr 2024 19:10

Snowflake Royal

Er...

Good question.

Closest I can find is 2010/11, but Hunt only got 9 in 4th, so missed it by one goal. Ditto 2009/10 but Long in 4th on 9.

It's 2005/6

So only second time since at least 1993/94 and the other was our best ever season.

Thanks Snowball and Clyde.

For such a shocking season, we've have some things to shout about. Not losing the record. Biggest win. 4 players 10+ goals. All points to some sort of positivity!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2024 19:17

skipper
Snowflake Royal

Er...

Good question.

It's 2005/6

For such a shocking season, we've have some things to shout about. Not losing the record. Biggest win. 4 players 10+ goals. All points to some sort of positivity!

How very dare you, I'm not snowball.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 13 Apr 2024 19:25

Snowflake Royal
skipper
Snowflake Royal Er...

Good question.

It's 2005/6

That’s what we’ll be calling you from now on Snowball Royal :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2024 19:40

Clyde1998
Snowflake Royal
skipper

Shudder. No one wants another snowball spouting dodgy stats.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 13 Apr 2024 20:36

Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998
Snowflake Royal How very dare you, I'm not snowball.

Shudder. No one wants another snowball spouting dodgy stats.

I'm going to blame the fact I've lost my glasses and I have to wait until the 17th for my next appointment and then who knows how long before the new ones are delivered. But thank you Ian!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Apr 2024 23:17

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
tidus_mi2 3pts gets triggered if we get another game abandoned.
2pts gets triggered if we are late with wage/tax payments again.

Both were suspended for 12 months I believe so will have them hanging over the club until 2025.

If either are triggered next season we've got bigger problems to worry about than that.

So if there's a pitch invasion after promotion we could potentially have promotion rescinded, depending on points. Interesting.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Apr 2024 05:25

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Both were suspended for 12 months I believe so will have them hanging over the club until 2025.

If either are triggered next season we've got bigger problems to worry about than that.

So if there's a pitch invasion after promotion we could potentially have promotion rescinded, depending on points. Interesting.

Assume it`s tongue in cheek, but having a pitch invasion and getting a game abandoned are two different things.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Apr 2024 06:45

Maybe we could get a game retrospectively abandoned after a post-game pitch invasion?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Apr 2024 07:27

At least we're mathematically safe now. Let's end the season with another 4 points at least and finish comfortably above relegation in case the EFL turn on us again. Then it's about getting the takeover completed and we can budget for next season properly.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Apr 2024 07:28

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

Not sure I'd fancy being on the pitch being promoted out of this league. The championship maybe but not here

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Apr 2024 09:11

I really enjoyed the game yesterday. It was a fairly end to end and overall I thought we were the better team. Oddly, it all seemed a bit subdued when the game ended. Has there been any mention of another points deduction incoming?

Anyway, changing the subject this could be the first season I can remember where we don’t score a penalty.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Apr 2024 09:56

blythspartan I really enjoyed the game yesterday. It was a fairly end to end and overall I thought we were the better team. Oddly, it all seemed a bit subdued when the game ended. Has there been any mention of another points deduction incoming?

Anyway, changing the subject this could be the first season I can remember where we don’t score a penalty.

I think the players were frustrated not to win, and a lot of people didn't realise we were safe due to the Cheltenham v Burton fixture. If you see player accounts on social media, they were pretty happy later on once that frustration had subsided.

Anyhow, Barnsley are a good team even if recent form isn't great. It bodes well for next season that we can travel there and match them playing the style we want. Selles was frustrated we didn't take more chances, but for me conceding a soft goal from a throw in immediately after taking a late lead is the big disappointment. Similar to Lincoln, it feels like a game situation a top 2 team manages to win, even though neither are bad results.

130 posts