Feyenoord friendly?

185 posts
feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 25 Jul 2006 18:32

Fredo Baggins
I don't care where they get their money from, I'm good friends with 4 or 5 PSV fans and so they're the Dutch team I'd want to win above all else.

Tell me, what was it like to finish 5=3rd last season behind both Aj*x and the PSV Kings?? :lol: :)[/quote]

Hmmm....I can follow your thoughts. I have the same with a friend of mine who is absolutely mad of his team: Hull City AFC; and so my 7 months old son is wearing the Hull City shirt as well!! :lol:

The 3=5 finish....
You're talking about the play-offs...
The worst thing ever invented in the Dutch Eredivisie!!
For myself I don't agree with the Champions League anyway: If you let teams which finished 4th in their own league enter for a tournament which is called the "champions" league, you don't really get it...

It should be a tournament for champions only, and not a tournament in which you want to see all the big clubs. Then you have to name it differently...

Only 1 team really lost in the play offs: AZ Alkmaar.
They finished 2nd in the table, and are only playing UEFA cup football now.
So you can ruine your complete season, play 4 games good at the end of the season and still go into the Champions League. Ridiculous!! (And yes, I would have said the same when Feyenoord had gone to the CL because of winning the playoffs!!

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 25 Jul 2006 19:08

Fredo Baggins
Tell me, what was it like to finish 5=3rd last season behind both Aj*x and the PSV Kings?? :lol: :)

we finished 12 points above ajax

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 25 Jul 2006 19:14

You also got run by Ajax at home.

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 25 Jul 2006 20:07

alad You also got run by Ajax at home.

We got run by them !?! are you oxf*rd kiddin me !?! every jew in Rotterdam who's walking on the streets is a guaranteed dead man.

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 25 Jul 2006 20:12

Hmmm...I never join in in useless discussions as these, but if I was you I woud search for another (more trustfull) source then the one you've heard this from....

Very mature to say things on the internet as: "You ran for them and we are the toughest and the craziest supporters and bladiebladiebla"

For me: I rather drink a beer in a local pub and have a normal good chat about the clubs and football in general with the locals!

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 25 Jul 2006 20:14

floyd__streete Feyenoord fans - welcome to Reading, which is pronounced Reed-ing. The local custom is to buy your hosts a pint each. Remember: Saturdays in Reading town centre are naked days; anyone not joining in this custom which goes back to the days when Oscar Wilde was imprisoned in Reading Gaol are liable to be given 40 lashes in the town square. In Reading it is also customary to approach any male wearing a gold necklace, tracksuit bottoms & a cap and shout the traditional greeting of pikey!

You've got yourself a deal with getting a pint on my account, as long as all the hosts buy me one too!! 8)

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 25 Jul 2006 20:40

FIIIR

We got run by them !?! are you oxf*rd kiddin me !?! every jew in Rotterdam who's walking on the streets is a guaranteed dead man.

Holland - a country of tolerance and freedom.

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 25 Jul 2006 20:45

Row Z Royal
FIIIR

Holland - a country of tolerance and freedom.

it's just a nickname for them...

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 25 Jul 2006 20:48

Polite question, do you smoke weed?

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 25 Jul 2006 20:49

AbovetheI Polite question, do you smoke weed?

Who's that a question for?

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 25 Jul 2006 20:53

no, only sniff coke...

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 25 Jul 2006 20:56

FIIIR

no, only sniff coke...

I prefer Pepsi Max, though I have just purchased a bottle of sparkling mineral water.

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 25 Jul 2006 21:05

no, also I don't wear wooden shoes, I don't live in a windmill, I don't have tulips in the garden (as far as I can recognise flowers...) and I don't do any of the other "typical Dutch" things either.... :wink:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Jul 2006 21:10

feyenoordfan
floyd__streete Feyenoord fans - welcome to Reading, which is pronounced Reed-ing. The local custom is to buy your hosts a pint each. Remember: Saturdays in Reading town centre are naked days; anyone not joining in this custom which goes back to the days when Oscar Wilde was imprisoned in Reading Gaol are liable to be given 40 lashes in the town square. In Reading it is also customary to approach any male wearing a gold necklace, tracksuit bottoms & a cap and shout the traditional greeting of pikey!

You've got yourself a deal with getting a pint on my account, as long as all the hosts buy me one too!! 8)
The Wynford Arms is the place to go, Remember the Naked Saturdays rule. I guarantee everyone in the pub will be friendly towards you.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 25 Jul 2006 21:11

feyenoordfan

no, also I don't wear wooden shoes, I don't live in a windmill, I don't have tulips in the garden (as far as I can recognise flowers...) and I don't do any of the other "typical Dutch" things either.... :wink:

Who said i was stereotyping. By the way, do the women in Holland skip along the streets, rather than walk like ordinary folk? :wink:

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 25 Jul 2006 21:15

Forbury Lion
feyenoordfan

The Wynford Arms is the place to go, Remember the Naked Saturdays rule. I guarantee everyone in the pub will be friendly towards you.

Until you've seen me naked!!
but by the way of your reply, I expect a pub with a rainbow flag above the door and all man walking around with a leather hat?? :roll:

I'm staying overnight in Reading though as I'm going to the Millenniumstadium in Cardiff on Sunday, to see the Liverpool-Chelsea game. Not the worst weekend ever!! :wink:

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 25 Jul 2006 21:22

feyenoordfan
Forbury Lion
feyenoordfan

Until you've seen me naked!!
but by the way of your reply, I expect a pub with a rainbow flag above the door and all man walking around with a leather hat?? :roll:

Perceptive!

:lol:

Philly Flyer

Feyenoord friendly?

by Philly Flyer » 25 Jul 2006 21:45

Great chat and looking forward to the game but according to the sales office, as of yesterday only 3000 season ticket holders have signed up...I thought we had about 13,000 for Spurs last season a week before the CCC started?

feyenoordfan

Re: Feyenoord friendly?

by feyenoordfan » 25 Jul 2006 21:56

Philly Flyer Great chat and looking forward to the game but according to the sales office, as of yesterday only 3000 season ticket holders have signed up...I thought we had about 13,000 for Spurs last season a week before the CCC started?

Although we (Feyenoord) won the UEFA-cup in 2002, I can imagine that there are more interesting teams to play against in the pre-season.
One thing is for sure: with the ticketprices in England it's not very strange that people choose to save their money for another occassion.

The club is still searching on the transfermarket for good players. As I can see it now, our striker Dirk Kuyt will stay another year with us, instead of going to Liverpool, and also this week most probably Tymoschuk will sign a contract. This is an International of Ukraine, who did very well on the World Cup. It might be the midfielder for who we were waiting!!

Is the game vs Feyenoord the main home-match in the pre-season for the Royals?

reading_lad

Re: Feyenoord friendly?

by reading_lad » 25 Jul 2006 22:26

feyenoordfan Is the game vs Feyenoord the main home-match in the pre-season for the Royals?

Yes, as it is our only home pre-season game

185 posts