Now That's What I Call Football!!!!!!!!!!

121 posts
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Oct 2006 17:44

That's what was getting to me yesterday, the number of times we hoiked it up in the air to the front rather than playing along the ground! The ball was just bouncing in the when and the spin was taking it out of play yet we didn't seem to have the intelligence to adapt.

Weakest part of our game that is, not being able to keep the ball sufficiently and being too direct on occasions.

EPR

by EPR » 23 Oct 2006 17:52

I also thought Hahnemann's kicking was pants yesterday.

Remember it was VERY windy yesterday - the windmill was going round faster than i've ever seen it, and Lehmann also put a ball out in exactly the same way.

Harold

by Harold » 23 Oct 2006 19:08

Fabregas went over too easily for that penalty and Henry went down really easily in the first half. Cheats! Divers!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Oct 2006 19:10

Harold Fabregas went over too easily for that penalty and Henry went down really easily in the first half. Cheats! Divers!

Arsenal Fans Have you ever seen the Chelsea play like this? Have you ever seen the Chelsea play like this? Have you ever seen the Chelsea, Ever seen the Chelsea, Ever seen the Chelsea play like this? Have you fcuk"

Harold

by Harold » 23 Oct 2006 19:11

AbovetheI
Harold Fabregas went over too easily for that penalty and Henry went down really easily in the first half. Cheats! Divers!

Arsenal Fans Have you ever seen the Chelsea play like this? Have you ever seen the Chelsea play like this? Have you ever seen the Chelsea, Ever seen the Chelsea, Ever seen the Chelsea play like this? Have you fcuk"

Back 2 back titles. :lol:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Oct 2006 19:12

Harold
AbovetheI

Hardly record breaking thou, is it? :roll:

Harold

by Harold » 23 Oct 2006 19:14

AbovetheI
Harold
AbovetheI

Hardly record breaking thou, is it? :roll:

What?!? :roll:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Oct 2006 19:15

Have you ever seen the Chelsea play like that?

Harold

by Harold » 23 Oct 2006 19:18

AbovetheI Have you ever seen the Chelsea play like that?

Yep, pleanty of times. They didn't obviously play as well at the Mad Stad as Arsenal did. Arsenal play good attractive football a lot of time, but who's won the last two Prem titles? I rest my case.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Oct 2006 19:19

Harold
AbovetheI Have you ever seen the Chelsea play like that?

Yep, pleanty of times. They didn't obviously play as well at the Mad Stad as Arsenal did. Arsenal play good attractive football a lot of time, but who's won the last two Prem titles? I rest my case.

Abramovich's Millions and your butter-toed players, that's who.

Devon royal

by Devon royal » 23 Oct 2006 19:30

Its a long drive from Devon to Reading, its even longer driving home when you have been beaten, but that was as good a team i have seen since Man City way back with th elikes of Bell, Lee, etc, simply the best!

no shame on the boys who gave everything, simply a master class is movement and class.

Fubar
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Fubar » 24 Oct 2006 02:18

I really can't be upset by losing to Arsenal. They were superb to watch. We didn't play badly; they were just that much better... Something to strive for.

Harold

by Harold » 24 Oct 2006 11:28

Fubar I really can't be upset by losing to Arsenal. They were superb to watch. We didn't play badly; they were just that much better... Something to strive for.

Reading did play badly. How much room did they give Arsenal? A tired performance.

anR

by anR » 24 Oct 2006 11:33

Harold
Fubar I really can't be upset by losing to Arsenal. They were superb to watch. We didn't play badly; they were just that much better... Something to strive for.

Reading did play badly. How much room did they give Arsenal? A tired performance.

Admitedly, we did play better against Chelsea, I take your point...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 24 Oct 2006 17:19

alad
Woodcote Royal I'm delighted that, we didn't start with 4-5-1, delighted that we started Long rather than Lita and pleased that Coppell gave Gunnarsson the chance at right back he should have had the first time Murts was injured.

He's never let anyone down there and is more familar with our defensive set up than Useless looks like being anytime soon..................respect to SC for making the change at half time.

Agreed with every word of Steve Coppell's post match analysis (and Mick Goodings, too) particulary his comments about their being some positives to come from this game.

We should all be beside ourselves with joy that it's taken until the back end of October to be comprehensively outclassed in one of the best leagues in the world, playing a very similar side to the one that got us promoted.

The reason we couldn't get near them was because they were too good and not because we lacked commitment or showed them too much respect.

If Arsenal play like that for the rest of the season neither Chelsea or Man U will live with them and, for the time being, we have to accept that we can't compete to that standard.

For now, Arsenal really are in different league but I think we'll do more than ok against the rest of this division.

Doyle and Lita does not work at this level and I thought Long did well enough to get another chance down at Pompey. Little and Oster also looked good when they came on and might provide some fresh legs in the coming weeks.

This was a day to sit back and admire a team that were light years ahead of what we saw last week.

O how I hope they do well enough this season to cost that piece of sh*t Mourhino his job :evil:

Chelsea will still win the league because they have the guts for a fight when the going gets tough, Arsenal do not.
Depends how the season pans out.

If derbies between the top three are going to be the deciding factor then Arsenal may come unstuck.

However if Chelsea make a meal of things like they did against us then they will drop points.

Definately going to be a closer fight for the title than it was last year.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Oct 2006 17:33

Mr Angry Incidentally, for all those people who said "we need Premiership experience" back in August - De La Cruz has played 80 times for Villa at this level, yet looked far and away the least effective player in a hooped shirt yesterday.

Only just read this.........................certainly worth another airing :?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 25 Oct 2006 18:34

Woodcote Royal
Mr Angry Incidentally, for all those people who said "we need Premiership experience" back in August - De La Cruz has played 80 times for Villa at this level, yet looked far and away the least effective player in a hooped shirt yesterday.

Only just read this.........................certainly worth another airing :?

This is all very well Woodcote but there are Premiership players and Premiership players.
This one was out of a job and getting on in years.
John Halls wasn't Premiership and cost money.
Maybe we aren't very good at signing right-backs which is a different issue to whether Premiership experience is necessary.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Oct 2006 18:50

The Premiership players with experience who are worth signing are, almost without exception, beyond our budget in both wages and/or fees...................and even that's assuming that they would want to come here.

9th in the table, having lost our last 2 games to Championship contenders and STILL we have fans who want to knock Coppell's performsnce in the transer market :? !

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 25 Oct 2006 19:17

I note the :wink: but I wouldn't dare to knock Coppell's dealings with such great successes like Sonko,Doyle and Kitson but it took Burns to recognise a decent right-back :wink:
Mind you he wasn't very good at recognising players in most other positions.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Oct 2006 19:21

Mind you, perhaps he had a migrane the day he signed Halls :P

121 posts