We were shit today

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Oct 2006 17:04

FiNeRaIn What pathetic exucses im hearing. " I go watch the football only". This in a nutshell is whats wrong with Reading Football Club fans. No passion for saturday match culture and atmopshere, purely "just to watch the football". It should be your life, you should wake up every monday looking forward to the next fixture and when your there each games a cup final.
don't be silly

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 29 Oct 2006 17:10

AthleticoSpizz
FiNeRaIn What pathetic exucses im hearing. " I go watch the football only". This in a nutshell is whats wrong with Reading Football Club fans. No passion for saturday match culture and atmopshere, purely "just to watch the football". It should be your life, you should wake up every monday looking forward to the next fixture and when your there each games a cup final.
don't be silly

When you get away fans visit the mad stad and whenyou go away from home and at points you think "god those fans are loud", this is exactly the mentality they have. Silly or not.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Oct 2006 17:15

yes, and Ive been awe struck by our own noise

But just an observation..some of our noisemakers spend more time making admiring eyes at eachother than they do actually watching the game.

Then they become premier league managers after the game

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Oct 2006 19:02

floyd__streete I think what AthleticoSpizz alludes to, and for what it is worth I agree with him, is that frankly whatever noise was/wasn't made at Fratton Park is a total and utter irrelevance - the bad performance interests and concerns me more.

Spot on Floyd.
Whenever we get one of these "noise" or "singing" posts I always think of Wimbledon.
Fans outnumbered even at home games and always outsung and yet the team did enough for many years to stay at the top level.
The singing probably makes the fans feel good but I am yet to be convinced that it makes any difference to what happens on the pitch.
With all those bubbles blowing West Ham have lost nearly all of their games this season.
Enjoy your singing and noise and I'll stick to loud applause and a few come on Readings but I won't criticise any of you singers even if Reading and greatest team the world has ever seen don't go together well.
I remember Mr Angry suggesting that Reading ,the greatest team that BERKSHIRE has ever seen is much nearer the mark.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Oct 2006 20:28

At least he actually went to the game. :lol:

Legend

by Legend » 29 Oct 2006 20:29

Platypuss

At least he went to the game. :lol:

Says the man whose elastic doesn't stretch. :lol:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Oct 2006 20:33

Indeed, but then again I didn't come out with the crap Finerain did after not even going.

Done my time at plenty of shite away ends when I was younger, Finch. Pompey away is one place I won't go back to.

Legend

by Legend » 29 Oct 2006 20:36

Have a word with hobnob for me please to get Finch re-instated. My time on here is minimal these days, and with the silly off season over, my time is predominantly spent on this part of the forum.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 30 Oct 2006 09:56

I appluad those that went and suffered the conditions on Saturday. Pompey away is exactly the reason I sold my ticket and watched the game down the pub with beer on tap.

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 30 Oct 2006 10:10

Huntley & Palmer I appluad those that went and suffered the conditions on Saturday. Pompey away is exactly the reason I sold my ticket and watched the game down the pub with beer on tap.

It is awful... I won't go again until the 'New' Fratton Park is built.

Mind you, I asked one of my Pompey supporting colleagues to bet which stadium would be finished first, theirs or the extended Mad Stad... he said he would bet on the Mad Stad... :roll:

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 30 Oct 2006 10:11

I can't believe anyone is shocked about the game. We always lose heavily at Pompey, and the atmosphere is always shite. Same story every time. Move on!

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 30 Oct 2006 11:03

I haven't seen this raised anywhere else so I will ask here.

What the hell was going on with random fans being thrown out at the start of the game? One chap was a few rows in front of me and had done nothing as far as I could see, and the chap across from me was sat with his family. After that I think half the people in the S Block were scared to stand or sing for fear or being randomly selected for booting out :?

Also - what was the beef between that photogrpaher and the fans down at the front at half time?

Big Dan

by Big Dan » 30 Oct 2006 11:33

roy keane was right.

football is now so expensive to watch its only watched by the prawn sandwich brigade.they haven't got a clue about football,even less about supporting.

boycey

by boycey » 30 Oct 2006 11:37

It's been touched on earlier in the thread but the reason for the lack of atmosphere would be because most people who have been to FP before wont go back . So our end would be made up of newish fans, who , as most people agree , fail to create any sort of atmosphere .

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Oct 2006 14:34

We were shit against Arsenal and that was unacceptable.

Keeper

by Keeper » 30 Oct 2006 15:20

First and foremost the football should be the most important thing, and we were as bad as I have seen us play in a long while. Some of our players lacked the desire and commitment that we have come to expect from them and the game changed with the introduction of someone who added momentum to our attack. That can be analysed over and over but it says something for a team to come back from how poorly we played to finish the way we did (albeit far too late)

Secondly as a supporter I want to watch football and support my team, just because we are losing doesn't mean I want to stop that, I sing whether we are 2-0 up or 2-0 down, I don't understand people who "can't be bothered" to sing when we are losing, I can understand people who never sing doing that but why don't the people who would have been singing if we were winning actually sing when we are not.

Oh and do most people have their mouths on their bum cheeks? Because i'm sure sitting down shouldn't stop you from singing? I know that standing helps create a better atmosphere but why should it? You can still sing sat down you know!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Oct 2006 16:36

SpaceCruiser We were shit against Arsenal and that was unacceptable.

What did you think of Arsenal though?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Oct 2006 16:48

Keeper
Oh and do most people have their mouths on their bum cheeks? Because i'm sure sitting down shouldn't stop you from singing? I know that standing helps create a better atmosphere but why should it? You can still sing sat down you know!

its not about the mouth, and where it is
its about the diaphragm dont you know, and volume of air.

when sitting the chest cavity is compressed and the diaphragm loses alot of its use, less air is able to be kept in the lungs, and can be expelled with less power.

there is also a certain ammount of evidence pointing to the fact that, psychologically speaking, a seated person is more relaxed,less easily agitated and therefore fore less likely to jump up and down like a mad person screaming "get off the pitch cech, he never touched you".

yours sincereley

Dr brendywendy

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 30 Oct 2006 16:59

AF1 I haven't seen this raised anywhere else so I will ask here.

What the hell was going on with random fans being thrown out at the start of the game? One chap was a few rows in front of me and had done nothing as far as I could see, and the chap across from me was sat with his family. After that I think half the people in the S Block were scared to stand or sing for fear or being randomly selected for booting out :?

Also - what was the beef between that photogrpaher and the fans down at the front at half time?

Don't know about the supporters being thrown out, but the photographer leapt out of his seat and started clicking away when one of the older generation took a ball flush on the nose from Sal Bibbo during half-time and his nose exploded with blood. He took a load of abuse from us as he wandered away shrugging his shoulders as if to say "I'm only doing my job taking pictures of an old man in distress and acute pain with blood sprayed down the front of him 10 seconds after he's taken a bullet in the face".
W@nker.

Henleyensian

by Henleyensian » 30 Oct 2006 17:24

Keeper First and foremost the football should be the most important thing, and we were as bad as I have seen us play in a long while. Some of our players lacked the desire and commitment that we have come to expect from them and the game changed with the introduction of someone who added momentum to our attack. That can be analysed over and over but it says something for a team to come back from how poorly we played to finish the way we did (albeit far too late)

Secondly as a supporter I want to watch football and support my team, just because we are losing doesn't mean I want to stop that, I sing whether we are 2-0 up or 2-0 down, I don't understand people who "can't be bothered" to sing when we are losing, I can understand people who never sing doing that but why don't the people who would have been singing if we were winning actually sing when we are not.

Some people reckon they can't sing sitting down. Maybe they could if they didn't slump in their seats. I have been in a choir where we sat at most rehearsals to encourage us to be upright.

I agree with you. I go to watch my team, but am quite happy to join in with the singing whether we are winning or not. In fact, I feel the team needs the encouragement of singing when things are not going well. It seems that those who want to stand are the ones who want to be seen, rather than those who want to see the football.

The trouble now is that season ticket holders tend to have seats at the back of the stand, and so it is a pain when people who buy their tickets later come along and insist on standing.