Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2007 12:22

Stooper Hopefully John Halls can prove everyone wrong too a la Bobby Convey/DLC
I somehow doubt that if rumours are true. :roll:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Jan 2007 12:23

AthleticoSpizz
Royalee You stated that some players are disliked and implied that you take pleasure in them doing well just to prove people wrong. I don't see how De La Cruz having one exceptional game can make your year - surely it's much more satisfying to see the team do well as a whole?

I'm pleased for De La Cruz today as he showed vast improvement. However, I take no more pride in his performance than I did Shorey's against West Ham or Glen Little's against Chelsea.
well actually i took fu3kin great pleasure.......and YES it made my sad season

The derogatory comments that were coming out during the pre-game team announcements

And the scorn that was poured in DLC's way everytime he got near the ball in his first two or three minutes today (from some knobheads sat around me) was spoiling my day.

A couple of tackles and decent passes later...they were silenced

The Goal bought me some smug rebate!

These are the same wakners here that pre-judged Sonko a couple of years ago too

So, sorry if I enjoyed the moment too much

It's wrong if he's being booed before the game and fair play to you if that was the case, although I was unaware of that.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 21 Jan 2007 13:29

Why do we have so many pricks that 'support' the team but think that putting players down along on their 'look at me I'm being contreversial' posts is helping anyone?

F*ck off you miserable C*nts. Once and for all.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 21 Jan 2007 16:59

Skin Why do we have so many pricks that 'support' the team but think that putting players down along on their 'look at me I'm being contreversial' posts is helping anyone?

F*ck off you miserable C*nts. Once and for all.

Why does this forum have so many idiots that take criticism of below par players personally?

:roll: :lol:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Jan 2007 17:05

I personally haven't been as excited for a long time about a single player scoring than I was when De La Cruz finished off the great move he created.

Good for him.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Jan 2007 17:09

Sebastian
AthleticoSpizz whatever seb :arrow: :?:

Looked a little bit nervous for a while (I sit in the NE)...but every pass found a Reading player in the first 15

Found the flow soon enough tho'

oxf*rd hell man. Are you Frimley in disguise? I also sit in NE, Y20 right alongside where he was playing. You must have some crazed different definition of 'being caught in posession' to me. To me if you have the ball at your feet, and you're looking for a pass, the whole crowd yells man on, and you get tackled, regardless of where the ball goes, that's caught in posession. Disagree as much as you like but I know what I saw, as did everyone sat round me.

Now go to bed, get some sleep, and wake up in a slightly less condescending and argumentative mood in the morning. There's a good boy.

To be fair, if it's the same incident I am thinking of, he almost immediately won back possession with a great sliding tackle.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jan 2007 19:08

Royalee
AthleticoSpizz
Royalee You stated that some players are disliked and implied that you take pleasure in them doing well just to prove people wrong. I don't see how De La Cruz having one exceptional game can make your year - surely it's much more satisfying to see the team do well as a whole?

I'm pleased for De La Cruz today as he showed vast improvement. However, I take no more pride in his performance than I did Shorey's against West Ham or Glen Little's against Chelsea.
well actually i took fu3kin great pleasure.......and YES it made my sad season

The derogatory comments that were coming out during the pre-game team announcements

And the scorn that was poured in DLC's way everytime he got near the ball in his first two or three minutes today (from some knobheads sat around me) was spoiling my day.

A couple of tackles and decent passes later...they were silenced

The Goal bought me some smug rebate!

These are the same wakners here that pre-judged Sonko a couple of years ago too

So, sorry if I enjoyed the moment too much

It's wrong if he's being booed before the game and fair play to you if that was the case, although I was unaware of that.
Yes thats' how it was.........fair play to you too Royalee

amdocsroyal

by amdocsroyal » 21 Jan 2007 21:52

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Jan 2007 10:59

Good work, DLC. You certainly shut up some tossers on here.

Oh, and remind me, who was it that said that DLC wouldn't play for the first team again? :lol:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Jan 2007 11:01

I said that.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 22 Jan 2007 11:05

My Villa supporting mates could not believe it when I described the goal to them. The general reaction was 'that's more running than he did in his entire career at the Villa!'

Apart from the goal thought that he had a very solid game in general. Couple of instances where he took too long on the ball, but overall looked a vastly superior player to the one I saw at West Ham away.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 22 Jan 2007 11:07

DLC had a god game, but as has been said, he still made mistakes. Maybe it would be different with a run of games in the first team, but at the moment, I still need some convincing.

Royal Fleet

by Royal Fleet » 22 Jan 2007 11:10

I think he had a good game, but looked a little shaky when under pressure in possession, but that is to be expected when out of position.

I can see why Coppell took him on, but I would be surprised if he got another year.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 22 Jan 2007 11:34

79Royal DLC had a god game, but as has been said, he still made mistakes. Maybe it would be different with a run of games in the first team, but at the moment, I still need some convincing.

And what about every other first team regular, who doesn't have the excuse of needing games, who has made mistakes this season?

I can recall specific instances of mistakes from Shorey, Hahnemann, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Sidwell, Harper, Gunnarsson, Murty that have directly led to goals being conceded this season. Nobody suggests that they need returning to the bench etc. after one or more mistakes - why should DLC be any different just because he's not an "established" player?
The general consensus seems to be "flash in the pan - get rid when all are fit" instead of well done, Dela, you contributed directly to our win. As the game went on, his contribution just got better and better. Name me a single player who hasn't looked shaky at some point in a game.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 22 Jan 2007 11:55

3 veesinarow
79Royal DLC had a god game, but as has been said, he still made mistakes. Maybe it would be different with a run of games in the first team, but at the moment, I still need some convincing.

And what about every other first team regular, who doesn't have the excuse of needing games, who has made mistakes this season?

I can recall specific instances of mistakes from Shorey, Hahnemann, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Sidwell, Harper, Gunnarsson, Murty that have directly led to goals being conceded this season. Nobody suggests that they need returning to the bench etc. after one or more mistakes - why should DLC be any different just because he's not an "established" player?
The general consensus seems to be "flash in the pan - get rid when all are fit" instead of well done, Dela, you contributed directly to our win. As the game went on, his contribution just got better and better. Name me a single player who hasn't looked shaky at some point in a game.

I wasn't lambasting DLC and I think that he deserved his place on Saturday. I'm just not convinced about him at the moment. I hope he gets a chance to change my mind about him with a long run in the team.

That does not change the that fact, however, that I am still not totally convinced by him

Newman was Waiting

by Newman was Waiting » 22 Jan 2007 13:34

There is no doubting Jermaine Jackson had his best game in a Reading shirt yesterday!

226 posts