*LIAM ROSENIOR SIGNS, SEOL GOES OTHER WAY*

239 posts
bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 01 Sep 2007 07:53

Boston Royal Here's an old FourFourTwo interview: http://www.fourfourtwo.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 40,00.html

Interesting that he has 9 As at GCSE and might have become a lawyer if it wasn't for football - seems a Coppell type of player.

He would need a little bit more than GCSEs

TWRoyal

by TWRoyal » 01 Sep 2007 08:06

There must have been money involved - I think in the rush they said swap deal and journos took that to be no money but then have clarrified on the OS as undisclosed. This was in the Inde before deadline.

"Fulham were also trying to finalise a deal with Reading which would have meant Liam Rosenior moving to the Madejski Stadium and the South Korean Seol Ki-Hyeon transferring to Craven Cottage. However while Reading proposed a straight swap for the players, Fulham wanted Seol, who they valued at £1m, plus £2m for Rosenior."

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Sep 2007 08:10

Glen Little said last night on Radio Berkshire that Coppell calls him
ROSE-NIOR.

I wonder what is correct?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Sep 2007 08:15

great signing and wonder will he will make an appearance ?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Sep 2007 08:19

bobby m's syrup
Boston Royal Here's an old FourFourTwo interview: http://www.fourfourtwo.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 40,00.html

Interesting that he has 9 As at GCSE and might have become a lawyer if it wasn't for football - seems a Coppell type of player.

He would need a little bit more than GCSEs

I'm just happy in the knowledge that some footballers make it through school and they are not all complete simpletons.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Sep 2007 08:20

Is he any good?

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 01 Sep 2007 08:36

I'm happy to see Rosenoir join us he looked good when we played Fulham last season, but the decision to sell Seol seems a strange one. With Oster and Little out, we're pushed for that position. Its not Fae's natural position and we depend on the width players to create chances, thats been part of our problem why we have been missing the creativity.

I was hoping we would see another right sided player come in as well, it doesnt sound like Little or Oster will be back in the short term. Just hope we don't end up missing what Seol provided regardless of his critics on here.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2007 08:51

Very unlikely this was a straight swap unfortunately.

Fulham valued Rosenoir at between £2 and £3M so I would think we gave them Seol (valued at £1M) plus either 1M or 2M cash.

Still overall a good long term deal as Murty not getting any younger but I am worried about our right wing options as Fae unproven - suspect Kevin Doyle may be in for a run at RM.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 Sep 2007 08:54

What I still don't get. We start the summer needing a right winger cause of Little's injury. We end up selling our only fit winger even with the potential to do it week in week out in the Prem. Even if Rosenior can do a job there it still leaves us very short and playing players out of position. Fae was supposed to be Sid's replacement, he's now our 1st choice right winger. Doyle's having enough problems finding his form with out getting played out of position too.

Why didn't we just buy a right winger? We had all summer, there were plenty out there better than Soul. Why didn't we go for Koumas, Kightly, Routledge or one of the many other names mentioned all summer??

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 01 Sep 2007 09:01

hmmmm

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Sep 2007 09:02

Again...agree with you SKDD. Koumas is Premiership class and his free kicks would have been beneficial as well. He has made a great start at Wigan.Given a choice between us and them I would have hoped he would have seen us as the viable option.We have to move on now and there is enough quality and desire in this squad to succeed

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Sep 2007 09:03

Upper West?!? We effectively got Rosenoir to replace Halford. If Halford, who was (and still is) unproven as a Premiership player, is worth £2-3m, then Rosenoir must be worth £4-6m.

Seol, on the other hand, cost us £1m, and, discounting for Korean shirt sales, he probably isn't worth more than £1m. So, this looks like damn good business by Squeaky and the gang.

Apart from the fact that it wasn't a swap. Both players were transferred for 'undisclosed fees'.

Happy getting Rosenior but less than happy about losing a good winger (who could also play as a striker), leaving us with just Oster and a crocked Little.

I know it's been said that Fulham wouldn't sell Rosenior unless they got Seol but Harrods sell anything if the price is right.

Failing that we should have had a decent right winger lined up as well.

I fear a return to the hoofball that we last witnessed under Sir Steve when he didn't have the wingers he needed. :(

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 01 Sep 2007 09:05

I agree,- buying a right back has been on the cards, but it does leave us very light on right midfield/wing. Whilst I didn't rate Seol all that highly, I didn't think he was that bad either.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 01 Sep 2007 09:09

Gordons Cumming Is he any good?

A great question. Can't help wonder why Fulham would want to sell an England U21 player if he really had such huge potential....particularly in a swap deal with SKH?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Sep 2007 09:17

Irvinchangeyaname

A great question. Can't help wonder why Fulham would want to sell an England U21 player if he really had such huge potential....particularly in a swap deal with SKH?

New manager, new ideas. Also he bought in Baird for over £3m so he's started at RB.

I'm happier with this deal this morning, Hammond's comments about his versitility is very true and can see him being our RM for a while.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 01 Sep 2007 09:18

RoyalBlue I fear a return to the hoofball that we last witnessed under Sir Steve when he didn't have the wingers he needed. :(

So you weren't at Bolton then!

I thought Sanchez and Rosenior had a major argument which has precipitated this transfer, lets hope the boy hasn't got a bad attitude.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 01 Sep 2007 09:20

Irvinchangeyaname

Players become 'tired' at one club and need a new challenge. Also this is different management.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 01 Sep 2007 09:56

glass half full
Irvinchangeyaname

Players become 'tired' at one club and need a new challenge. Also this is different management.

Stephen Hunt couldn't get in Brentfords Team & look at him now.

Squad still way to thin. Right winger & Striker were a must, but LR a good signing.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 01 Sep 2007 09:56

Anyone got Seoul on the back of a shirt - MURKED!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2007 10:00

The Goat was fed Anyone got Seoul on the back of a shirt - MURKED!!
Step son has Seol if that's any help. In fact, I suspect Lita will be on his way in January, as other son has home and away shirt with his name on. He had a McIntyre shirt about 2 weeks before Jimmy moved on and the name of another player before that, can't for the life of me remember who, who also disappeared shortly after we got the name printed on his shirt. :roll:

239 posts