Back from Plymouth

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from Plymouth

by M Brook » 28 Dec 2009 21:31

madmickb Hammonds interveiw after the game , we have no money to buy players in the transfer window' that means we are totally in the sh*t and doomed to league 1 football next
season

We have as much money as the Mad Man wants to spend. Its entirely down to him.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Dec 2009 21:33

nappa
Sharpy ............that's us though

well sfuck off then and support another team...seriously...teams are actually effected by how their fans react, so support them regardless or do one!!!

LMAOOOOO!!!!!!! Sharpy's probably been going since before you were born.

LOL at that old romantic cliche that teams are effected by how the fans react. We've been well supported a couple of times this season and stilled lost or failed to win. This bunch of waster could have the loudest and most positive fans in the world and still come up short every week.

nappa

by nappa » 28 Dec 2009 21:42

FiNeRaIn
nappa

well sfuck off then and support another team...seriously...teams are actually effected by how their fans react, so support them regardless or do one!!!

LMAOOOOO!!!!!!! Sharpy's probably been going since before you were born.

LOL at that old romantic cliche that teams are effected by how the fans react. We've been well supported a couple of times this season and stilled lost or failed to win. This bunch of waster could have the loudest and most positive fans in the world and still come up short every week.

haha are you really that ignorant to think that players just ignore the fact that their fans just sit there until they score and walk out 20 mins early....or write shit like this on a public forum....its a sfucking spectator sport, hence supporting your team.....and i've never seen worst fans, that one day can be completly behind the boys and the next can call them zcunts...decent!

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 28 Dec 2009 21:49

can i just point out nappa....i don't have beef (or tofu for the veggies) with the players, my issue is with how the club is run! i will support the players no matter what!

and as for nicking my hna catchphrase....you oxf*rd do one!!

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
Hob Nob Regular

by FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT » 28 Dec 2009 21:49

Shambles.

End.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 28 Dec 2009 21:57

Well, after getting the the ground 20 minutes late and finding all the turnstiles closed (eventually found a steward who let us in, but had to go in a Plymouth entrance and walk round in front of all their fans (lucky it was only 1-0 then!))

Thought we were poor all through the game, really need some pace at the back, Brynjar/Ingi/Pearce are all way to slow, and with Bertrand pushing up it left us exposed almost every single attack.

Also need somebody to strike the ball, somebody at half time was shouting Leroy Lita during that chant and tbh, he'd probably be somebody we need. Just somebody who wouldn't give up and chase the ball down, probably need somebody a little taller though with Rasiak not being as efficient as we need.

McAnuff looked so depressed at the end as well, I'm amazed if we stay up. Both the teams below us have a game in hand, so we could end up in the relegation zone by the time they've been played..

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 28 Dec 2009 22:01

nappa

Perhaps if they realise how pissed off we are then, maybe they will take note. Yeah - fat chance. They are still getting paid more a week than the rest of us put together.

heathrow royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: As seen on Soccer AM and somewhere between Heathrow and Southampton airport!!!

by heathrow royal » 28 Dec 2009 22:01

North Somerset Royal Once again we were victims of a very harsh penalty.

From where i was sat this afternoon it was a stonewall penalty. Why ingi went to ground i never know as the ball was going to run out of play for a goal kick.

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
Hob Nob Regular

by FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT » 28 Dec 2009 22:05

heathrow royal

From where i was sat this afternoon it was a stonewall penalty. Why ingi went to ground i never know as the ball was going to run out of play for a goal kick.

+1

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Dec 2009 22:08

Fedders- wasn't at fault for any of the goals- 6
Brynn- slow leggy clueless- 3
Ingi- at fault for the peno slow leggy clueless-3
Pearce - all the man can do is head the ball!cant pass cant tackle cant mark. Would have looked out of his depth in the Exeter Bournmouth game slow leggy clueless-3
Bertrand - Steady game wasn't awe-inspiring wasn't bad- 6
Sig- stuck out on the left first half but still looked the only player comfortable on the ball-6
Marek- game passed him by,again! it doesn't look like he wants to be here -3
Jobi- quiet game but i thought there left back looked very good -5
Cisse - just doesn't get involved as far as i can gather hes in there to break up the play no sign of that today-4
Long - no comment- 0
Church - covered a lot of ground without producing -4
Kebe - didn't fall over on a sh1t pitch -4

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Dec 2009 22:09

Embarrasing display from start to finish, we're going down. That's the 7th league game this season we've conceaded 3 or more goals in a game. Whether the penalty was soft or not, time and time again (especially this season) we are gifting the opposition goals. Bertrand went missing today, Pearce and Ingimarsson simply not good enough. The goalkeeper doesn't inspire any confidence whatsoever. McAnuff now goes missing now his mentor Rodgers has dissapeared. Kebe not good enough consistently, Marek is wasted and the strikers will not score the goals to keep us up.

JM can moan all he likes about the size of our squad but quite simply the quality within is autrocious.

Credit to all the fans today who made the journey, they were a credit, even with some over the top stewarding.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Dec 2009 22:15

Good post mate.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 28 Dec 2009 22:17

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
heathrow royal

From where i was sat this afternoon it was a stonewall penalty. Why ingi went to ground I never know as the ball was going to run out of play for a goal kick.

+1

You obviously had a better view. People round where I was thought that there was very little contact and there seemed to be no reason to commit a foul given that as you say the ball was going out of play. "Unnecessary" would have been a better word than "harsh" in the same way that at Brizzle the player was going away from goal when Tabb fouled him.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Dec 2009 22:20

no complaints from the players, but irrespective of whether he got the ball or not,there was no need to dive in like that. He was going nowhere and it looked like it was going out for a goal kick.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Dec 2009 22:27

To be honest, I am absolutely seething at what I have seen today. £1.39 for a standard can of Appletiser? F*ck me, Bridgwater Services, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Reading? Pffff, I said months ago that a side who defends as poorly as we do and has such poor options going forward are absolute certs for relegation, and every passing week only serves to back up that view.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Dec 2009 22:32

God Mills must be crap if he can't even get into this side? That makes his transfer fee even more lolaughable.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Dec 2009 22:33

Got back in an hour ago and have been thinking on the journey back. The one thing above all else that's pissed me off today is that not one single player had the minerals to come over to the away end at full time and clap the fans. Bank holiday between Xmas and New Year when pennies are tighter than normal and a 400 mile round trip for that turgid performance.

The fact none of them had it in them to come over to us pretty much summed up our performance. That wasn't the performance of a team, it looked every inch a side composed of journeymen with a few youngsters thrown in for good measure and no spirit.

We simply can't play Bertrand who likes to attack as much as he does whilst we have a stand in 36 year old right back more at home in central midfield. To shore up the defence, I'd bring in Armstrong for Bertrand to give the defence a bit more balance.

Ingimarsson's past it. Great servant to the club but his legs are gone and he was found out today. Stupid penalty to give away and I worry about the development of Pearce whilst he's playing alongside Ingimarsson as invariably he's going to pick up bad habits from him; and simply isn't good enough to make things even harder for himself.

Matejovsky looked disinterested but have to admit I would be too if I had to attempt to carry the other players week in, week out with the cloud of uncertainty over his head. McAnuff is another concern as he's gone worryingly off the boil post-Rodgers. Barely once did he make a run in behind their full back today.

Cisse is amusing to watch. He can't pass, can't shoot and can't tackle. He's just another body in midfield, we may as well put Ron Grant in there unless he's been sacked as part of cutting the cloth?

Long fails to do the basics and on the way home I heard the clock bang, saying his time at RFC is now up. We need to get rid of him ASAP, can't control a ball, pass, shoot or even make space for other players. League 1 impact sub at best.

Rasiak did well when he came on but again, his first touch is poor. Kebe was Kebe but at least he's consistently a suprise.

Sigurdsson was the only player to emerge with any credit for me and that's still after a largely anonymous first half. Why we continue to play him on the wing is a bigger mystery than Darren O'Dea#'s departure into a leafy Berkshire wood never to be seen again...

This is really turning into a nightmare, we've got a tough January ahead and the teams below us have games in hand. We could be WELL and truly fukked come early Feb and on today's performance, if we're not relegated then there's something wrong with this division.

dan19

by dan19 » 28 Dec 2009 22:34

A shambles today, worst Reading performance i've seen in a long time, unfortunatly i think the board have given up and are trying to recoup whatever they can before jumping ship, meaning no money or input into the club or team.
Shame, but we've been here before and worse so here's to the next decade...

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Dec 2009 22:36

Royalwaster God Mills must be crap if he can't even get into this side? That makes his transfer fee even more lolaughable.

Well documented that he had a row with Rodgers before BR's departure and I think he's struggled to fit in since. The Sun reported today that Sheff Utd have him lined up for when they sell Kilgallon to Newcastle.

Not that we'll replace him :|

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Dec 2009 22:43

The Mills situation is beyond belief. It's not the issue of the transfer sum that gets me wound up, but more the lack of opportunities he's had in recent weeks. Mills is a good player, he done well at Doncaster, is a ball playing defender and was very much a "Reading signing" ie. young, and the ability to play at a higher level similar to that like Sidwell etc. But when you hear the chairman and DOF say players have to go before we can sign, you question why we pushed the boat out on him. I appreciate he struggled with fitness after a summer operation but is he really worse than Inga/Pearce??? We need to sell before we buy, he'll be out of the club in January I'm convinced as he's one player with the ability to raise funds.