The generic transfer thread

10390 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jan 2024 15:16

Pepe the Horseman Werner heading to Spurs, and Dier heading to... Bayern :lol:

I laughed when I saw that as well, why would Bayern want Dier who knows. Spurs must be hoping they can get more goals out of Werner than what Chelsea did. Always thought his movement was good, just seemed short of any confidence at Chelsea.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jan 2024 15:19

YorkshireRoyal99

I laughed when I saw that as well, why would Bayern want Dier who knows. Spurs must be hoping they can get more goals out of Werner than what Chelsea did. Always thought his movement was good, just seemed short of any confidence at Chelsea.

Yeh think Werner will do well at Spurs, less pressure and suits the system.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Jan 2024 23:08

YorkshireRoyal99

Werner is Femi Azeez!

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Jan 2024 00:28

YorkshireRoyal99

Tbf, Salah was pretty dire at Chelsea, but has arguably been the best player in the league since joining Liverpool. I think Werner has the ability to do a job in the Premier League and for Spurs, especially under Postecoglou's system.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Jan 2024 11:09

So reports that Henderson wants to return to the PL. I doubt anyone will be convinced to go for him.

Must go down as one of the worst transfer decisions a player has made. Any others to rival it?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2024 11:37

WestYorksRoyal So reports that Henderson wants to return to the PL. I doubt anyone will be convinced to go for him.

Must go down as one of the worst transfer decisions a player has made. Any others to rival it?

Darius?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jan 2024 11:38

WestYorksRoyal So reports that Henderson wants to return to the PL. I doubt anyone will be convinced to go for him.

I think making about £5m for 5 months work is a pretty good transfer decision tbh.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jan 2024 11:40

NathStPaul

I think making about £5m for 5 months work is a pretty good transfer decision tbh.

Indeed, comes back a bit with egg on his face though, after claiming he wanted to grow the game on and off the pitch in Saudi. Can't have done much to achieve that in 6 months.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jan 2024 11:44

Hendo
NathStPaul

Indeed, comes back a bit with egg on his face though, after claiming he wanted to grow the game on and off the pitch in Saudi. Can't have done much to achieve that in 6 months.

Oh he was full of shit of course.He'd get a lot more support if he just came out and said the money was too good to turn down but I hated playing there and want to return home. Instead he will make up some other bollocks.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Jan 2024 11:52

NathStPaul

He clearly disagrees, otherwise he'd be seeing out his contract.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jan 2024 11:57

WestYorksRoyal
NathStPaul

He clearly disagrees, otherwise he'd be seeing out his contract.

Or he wanted short term gain.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jan 2024 13:12

Would imagine the bottom half will be queing up for him.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Jan 2024 13:14

Pepe the Horseman

Firmino wants to come home too. Must admit I had seen the Saudi Pro League snowballing, but the reverse seems to be happening. Very good pros who were already rich anyway getting fed up with low quality football and tiny crowds.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 08 Jan 2024 18:03

Sanguine
Pepe the Horseman

Firmino wants to come home too. Must admit I had seen the Saudi Pro League snowballing, but the reverse seems to be happening. Very good pros who were already rich anyway getting fed up with low quality football and tiny crowds.

More likely fed up with not being able to live in the way they did in the west.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Jan 2024 19:48

Sutekh

Darius?

At least I got the reference...

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Jan 2024 07:57

Orion1871
Sanguine
Pepe the Horseman Would imagine the bottom half will be queing up for him.

More likely fed up with not being able to live in the way they did in the west.

How so?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 09 Jan 2024 09:01

I wonder if the money novelty wears off after a few weeks/months (as you were already earning many moneys per week anyway) and you are then just left thinking 'oh, I kind of wish I was back home playing with and surrounded by people I know'

especially as you are probs still watching your old m8s playing in big games, in a much talked about and glamorous league

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Jan 2024 09:35

Fabio Carvalho likely to go on loan to Hull. Just hasn't worked for him at Anfield, or in Germany. Liverpool already have a decent relationship with Hull after they bought Andy Robertson for £40 and a Twix, but interested to read that Carvalho has been pushed there with Liverpool so impressed with Tyler Morton's development at the club.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 Jan 2024 09:40

Sanguine Fabio Carvalho likely to go on loan to Hull. Just hasn't worked for him at Anfield, or in Germany. Liverpool already have a decent relationship with Hull after they bought Andy Robertson for £40 and a Twix, but interested to read that Carvalho has been pushed there with Liverpool so impressed with Tyler Morton's development at the club.

Quite the coup for Hull.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 09 Jan 2024 09:43

can't say I have followed Hull much but I keep reading how good they have been and how impressive Liam Rosenior is

10390 posts