by Loafer » 19 Apr 2024 05:47

BRO_BOT 8)

:| :| :|

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Franchise FC » 19 Apr 2024 08:36

BRO_BOT 8)

Remind me again how far United got in this year’s European competition …

I can wait …

And I can’t stand Liverpool, but them losing, along with all but Villa, has cost us a CL place.
Would be seriously ironic for you if United are the team denied a place

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Apr 2024 09:02

Franchise FC
BRO_BOT 8)

Remind me again how far United got in this year’s European competition …

I can wait …

And I can’t stand Liverpool, but them losing, along with all but Villa, has cost us a CL place.
Would be seriously ironic for you if United are the team denied a place

Actually glad England aren't the ones taking advantage of these extra places, it's utterly ludicrous that these top leagues get all these "also ran" places in the CL while the actual league champions of some countries have to pre qualify.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Apr 2024 09:12

The UEFA league is for teams like Villa, Spurs etc. And good for them. Obviously I'd love us to take part one day.

Liverpool really should not be taking part.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Apr 2024 17:05

LUX The UEFA league is for teams like Villa, Spurs etc. And good for them. Obviously I'd love us to take part one day.

Liverpool really should not be taking part.

And you can argue the same for the likes of AC Milan, Benfica and probably Roma too!

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 24 Apr 2024 22:34

8)

Remember that time Liverpool dominated English football under Klopp...nah, me neither!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Apr 2024 00:51

It’s harsh considering they’ve competed on four fronts this season but I’ve been fairly underwhelmed by Liverpool all season. Whilst their recoveries and ability to come back from losing positions was admirable, it was a concern in itself just how much it was happening and I think it’s finally coming back to get them

Can seriously see Liverpool really dropping off next season. Was always a risk as the core of the team got older. Always had a soft spot for Liverpool and Klopp, much more refreshing to watch than Pep’s (and more recently Arteta’s) dull styles but he’s got out at the right time

Either way, they need to make a decision on Salah and Nunez. Salah looks a shadow of his former self and whilst Nunez has always been technically lacking, he’s been especially poor these last few weeks. The one on one against Pickford summed him up as a player unfortunately

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Apr 2024 08:00

Pretty poor performance last night but as URRZZ says they've been doing it all year so to be where they are rather than scraping past Sheffield United ( :P ) is actually quite an achievement. Not sure if the season died after the Klopp announcement or if it has been since the FA cup loss but everything seems to have caught up with them. Salah hasn't returned from his AFCON injury yet and he's giving me vibes of Torres, if someone brings the bag they should snap their hand off.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Apr 2024 08:48

Was Klopp announcing that he was leaving when he did a mistake? Seem to recall Ferguson saying that his biggest mistake was announcing his retirement (first time) as early as he did as he felt it led to a drop off in standards by all at the club. Yes, competing on a number of fronts with a relatively small squad (though not small) is going to take his toll but would seem natural for players to perhaps be a little off it when it is really not clear what the club is going to look like come June.

Probably would have been better for the detail to have been kept in house and attempted to only announce his departure and successor at pretty much the same time.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Apr 2024 08:49

Looking forward to South Coast Royal blindly defending Liverpool. You know its coming.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Apr 2024 09:19

Stranded Was Klopp announcing that he was leaving when he did a mistake? Seem to recall Ferguson saying that his biggest mistake was announcing his retirement (first time) as early as he did as he felt it led to a drop off in standards by all at the club. Yes, competing on a number of fronts with a relatively small squad (though not small) is going to take his toll but would seem natural for players to perhaps be a little off it when it is really not clear what the club is going to look like come June.

Probably would have been better for the detail to have been kept in house and attempted to only announce his departure and successor at pretty much the same time.

Reckon it was announced to prevent the media leaking it. Anyway certainly looks like Klopp has lost it this season so perhaps a change is right for them anyway, are we all ready for the arrival of a Slot machine?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Apr 2024 09:21

Stranded Was Klopp announcing that he was leaving when he did a mistake? Seem to recall Ferguson saying that his biggest mistake was announcing his retirement (first time) as early as he did as he felt it led to a drop off in standards by all at the club. Yes, competing on a number of fronts with a relatively small squad (though not small) is going to take his toll but would seem natural for players to perhaps be a little off it when it is really not clear what the club is going to look like come June.

They did notch a Rumbelow's Cup since the announcement but it does seem the players are reacting to the news and lacking motivation in recent weeks, which is all a bit disappointing. I do wonder if it's all caught u with Klopp too and he doesn't have the fire to inspire them

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Apr 2024 09:27

Silver Fox

They did notch a Rumbelow's Cup since the announcement but it does seem the players are reacting to the news and lacking motivation in recent weeks, which is all a bit disappointing. I do wonder if it's all caught u with Klopp too and he doesn't have the fire to inspire them

Well there's at least a chance they can offload Salah for mega ££££ in the summer which is probably the best thing to do so long as they don't get another "Nunez" to replace him. Been thinking they look better when Danns, Koumas and Clark have been "filling in" rather than the out of sorts Salah and the ****** useless Nunez.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Apr 2024 09:33

Seem to recall City doing a similar thing when Pep took over Pellegrini

Were 2nd and 3 points off the title when it was announced he was leaving at the end of his contract at the beginning of February. They ended up 15 points off the title and scraping the CL on goal difference

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 25 Apr 2024 11:18

Was always going to be a transitional season with the midfield overhaul. But they've been screwed by the players returning from injury since the cup win being way out of form.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Apr 2024 11:41

It'll be another transitional season next year too with a new manager and an expected defensive overhaul.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Apr 2024 12:32

Sutekh It'll be another transitional season next year too with a new manager and an expected defensive overhaul.

Not sure there is a massive amount to 'overhaul' unless Van Dijk leaves. Alisson is going nowhere. Quansah looks like a future England centre-back. Bradley is TAA's replacement if the latter moves into midfield. You could argue that they need another back-up left-back. Defence could certainly be improved, but it is still the third best in the league, probably just needs a tweak.

It's the forward line that has been a problem in the second half of the season. It's gone from looking like a disaster if Salah leaves to looking like something that needs to happen.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Apr 2024 12:52

Same for Nunez. Even Carragher recognises that now.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Apr 2024 13:57

Royal Rother Same for Nunez. Even Carragher recognises that now.

Nunez is exactly the sort of player who will move to La Liga, or anywhere really - he's a real Atletico type forward - and score 35 a season. Something, surely, has to click into place soon, because he has all the technical ability. Mind you, I said that about Tony Rougier for his entire time with Reading.

8682 posts