Brendan Rogers

577 posts
comeonyouroyals

Re: Brendan Rogers

by comeonyouroyals » 06 Feb 2012 22:12

Ideal
Terminal Boardom If I am bitter about Swansea then it is down to Reading being utterly inept for the first half at Wembley. Not Swansea's fault I know but :lol: And I still think that Rodgers would be perfect to take over from Wenger when the time comes.

LOL!!! There are absolutely zero similarities. Wenger in the unbeaten season had his team playing fast penetrating football which produced end product, they were playing direct football with a higher skill set. EFFECTIVE FOOTBALL. That is what Wenger wants.
Rogers just wants to pass the ball about sideways to kill time, and hasn't got any sort of desire to play anything other than INEFFECTIVE football.

Wow its must be pretty embarrassing to be this wrong, but don't worry keep coming out with more stuff like this and everyone will eventually come round to your side.

What a moron.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 18 Mar 2012 08:31

If he can have a decent second season in the prem with Swansea then he'll have his pick of jobs.

Is he the real deal?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2012 08:48

TheMaraudingDog If he can have a decent second season in the prem with Swansea then he'll have his pick of jobs.

Is he the real deal?

Looks like it.

Do you think your lot would be interested when Fergie retires? Arsenal should certainly see him as a replacement for Wenger.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 18 Mar 2012 10:57

Top man & top coach. Been coached by him myself(have I mentioned that before :?: ) and you could see he had something different to others. Reading fans showed their complete lack of knowledge calling him a shite manager etc. He had a poor group of players that couldn't pull off his way of playing here, but Swansea could.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 18 Mar 2012 11:21

Ideal
Terminal Boardom If I am bitter about Swansea then it is down to Reading being utterly inept for the first half at Wembley. Not Swansea's fault I know but :lol: And I still think that Rodgers would be perfect to take over from Wenger when the time comes.

LOL!!! There are absolutely zero similarities. Wenger in the unbeaten season had his team playing fast penetrating football which produced end product, they were playing direct football with a higher skill set. EFFECTIVE FOOTBALL. That is what Wenger wants.
Rogers just wants to pass the ball about sideways to kill time, and hasn't got any sort of desire to play anything other than INEFFECTIVE football.

Are you going to admit defeat on this one yet, Ideal? If they are 8th place in the prem with a smaller budget than most, I'd love to see what they could do if they started playing football that was actually 'effective'.

Rodgers should be a shoo-in for premiership manager of the year.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Mar 2012 11:57

Rodgers getting wonderful accolades on Sky's Sunday Supplement today. Paddy Barclay suggesting that with Rodgers in charge of England we could win World Cups.

Boy did we miss out on something specia by getting shot of him.

Fortunately we got something special in to replace him.

What a FANTASTIC judge SJM & Co are.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Mar 2012 11:58

rfcjoe Top man & top coach. Been coached by him myself(have I mentioned that before :?: ) and you could see he had something different to others. Reading fans showed their complete lack of knowledge calling him a shite manager etc. He had a poor group of players that couldn't pull off his way of playing here, but Swansea could.

Was always this, but the club felt we couldn't risk relegation so Brendans plan to get us playing football had to be abandoned and McDermott came in who knew the players and the style we needed to be effective came in.. Was never a bad manager or coach. Just one with a very difficult job moulding a young team that wasn't ready made out of the box. Add to that the mills problem and the money we didn't have and it's obvious why we failed here.

I actually thought at the time relegation and consolidation would have been to the advantage in the long run when it came to fulfilling his plan.

Fwiw I still like the guy, pressure got to him at the end but always felt he was trying to do the right thing.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 18 Mar 2012 12:56

rfcjoe Top man & top coach. Been coached by him myself(have I mentioned that before :?: ) and you could see he had something different to others. Reading fans showed their complete lack of knowledge calling him a shite manager etc. He had a poor group of players that couldn't pull off his way of playing here, but Swansea could.

That seems a little revisionist.

The board was not exactly full of "rodgers out" comments, and nearly everyone was surprised at him being sacked.

Whatever qualities he has as a manager, and whatever he's achieved elsewhere, it's hard to make a case for saying he did anything but a poor job at Reading. Whether he'd have turned it around here, we'll never know. His success may have managers and coaches looking at his way of doing things, rather than going down the Pulis/Warnock route though, and that has to be a good thing.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 18 Mar 2012 15:00

He pretty much indicated in his stint on the sofa today that he left Watford and tried to evolve too soon. I presume he means more as a manager than a person, but I don't think it would too much of a stretch to say that this applied to his time at Reading too.

I've no doubt that he would have loved to made the same type of team that he has at Swansea. He's an outstanding coach for the amount of time he's actually managed. What he has done in the way Swansea play is fantastic, despite doing what he did to us at Wembley. To say anything else is pure sour grapes.

Not to say what we have now would have been any worse or better, just different.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 18 Mar 2012 17:15

Mr Angry
TheMaraudingDog If he can have a decent second season in the prem with Swansea then he'll have his pick of jobs.

Is he the real deal?

Looks like it.

Do you think your lot would be interested when Fergie retires? Arsenal should certainly see him as a replacement for Wenger.

I think we should tempt him with the no2 job, think he could certainly help our team set up in Europe.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Mar 2012 22:57

TheMaraudingDog
Mr Angry

Is he the real deal?

Looks like it.

I think we should tempt him with the no2 job, think he could certainly help our team set up in Europe.

we'll see. I think next season everyone will get stuck in and kick lumps out of them and they'll spend half the game passing the ball around the defence nervously and the other half conceding goals.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 18 Mar 2012 23:33

Hopefully. Hate Rogers and Swansea. I'm even starting to hate Gylfi now he's playing for them.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 18 Mar 2012 23:38

lol, c0ck.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 18 Mar 2012 23:41

Archie's penalty I'm even starting to hate Gylfi now he's playing for them.

BOOOOOOO To you

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Mar 2012 00:13

Oh, Gylfi, oh Gylfi, oh, oh, oh, oh Gylfi. Give it a break.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 Mar 2012 06:42

Archie's penalty Hopefully. Hate Rogers and Swansea. I'm even starting to hate Gylfi now he's playing for them.

:shock:

Simply cos they beat us in the PO final? Thats a bit sad tbh.

I look at it this way; we ran a team currently 8th in the Prem damn close in that Final - says a lot about our team.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 19 Mar 2012 07:19

Rev Algenon Stickleback H

That seems a little revisionist.

The board was not exactly full of "rodgers out" comments, and nearly everyone was surprised at him being sacked.

Whatever qualities he has as a manager, and whatever he's achieved elsewhere, it's hard to make a case for saying he did anything but a poor job at Reading. Whether he'd have turned it around here, we'll never know. His success may have managers and coaches looking at his way of doing things, rather than going down the Pulis/Warnock route though, and that has to be a good thing.

I don't think anybody thought that he was a poor manager, but he certainly didn't do the job while at Reading. Wrong time to be doing what he was here.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Mar 2012 08:05

Royal Rother Paddy Barclay suggesting that with Rodgers in charge of England we could win World Cups.

The same Pady Barclay that has always said the number one criterion for being appointed england manager is that the applicant should be English?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Mar 2012 08:38

Mr Angry
Archie's penalty Hopefully. Hate Rogers and Swansea. I'm even starting to hate Gylfi now he's playing for them.

:shock:

Simply cos they beat us in the PO final? Thats a bit sad tbh.

I look at it this way; we ran a team currently 8th in the Prem damn close in that Final - says a lot about our team.

It's Rogers' attitude. I bet he tapes his own voice and oxf*rd to sleep over it every night.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 19 Mar 2012 08:38

What, confident? How very dare he.

577 posts