Capital One Cup

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Capital One Cup

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Jan 2013 22:15

I seriously <3 Sean Morrison

@seanmorrison_91: I'd of cuddled the ball boy until he couldn't bare with the awkwardness #cutie

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 23 Jan 2013 22:26

Charlie Morgan™ ‏@CHARLIEM0RGAN

The king of all ball boys is back making his final appearance #needed #for #timewasting

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 23 Jan 2013 23:42

I was at the game, the ball boys were slow all game and had been told to slow the game down by whoever was managing them, Hazard had had a go at one at the other end of the ground about 5 mins earlier. He was out of order to go for a kick but from where I was I'd thought he'd got the ball, then the Assistant explained what had happened to Foy who was facing the other way when the incident happend. By the letter of the law he was right to send Hazard off for VC, I think his ban will be increased but I also see the FA taking some action against clubs who encourage their ball boys to waste time. The game was dead from that point on and Chelsea weren't pressing Swansea at all. To win the tie Chelsea needed to score before HT and they couldn't manage to get through a very well organised side put together by Laudrup.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jan 2013 00:11

LOL That's outrageous. Hazard rightly sent off, but Swansea should absolutely get sanctions against them for that. It's just so blatant.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Jan 2013 01:49

Ian Royal LOL That's outrageous. Hazard rightly sent off, but Swansea should absolutely get sanctions against them for that. It's just so blatant.

Most clubs do it. Stoke BBs used to dry the ball for Delap before a long throw. I have no problem with this as long as the towel is available to the opposition. So much for keeping to the spirit of the game which died out a long time ago.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 24 Jan 2013 06:22

TBM Does this mean he'll miss the game against us?

The ball boy?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 24 Jan 2013 07:41

I hear Torres tried the same thing later in the game but missed the ball boy

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 24 Jan 2013 07:45

Not a Chelsea fan by a million miles, but I think the kid got what he deserved, pity he wasn't kicked harder.......it's given him his 5 minutes of fame. Sadlt this has taken the gloss from Swansea's achievement, but I do agree with previous posters that Swansea will face sanctions as he was representing their club and during the whole match the "ball recovery" was awfully slow and delayed which can only mean they were told to do it.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 24 Jan 2013 07:55

heard this morning that the ball boy is the son of one of Swansea's directors. Also heard that the police spoke to him after the game but he chose not to press charges.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 24 Jan 2013 07:59

soggy biscuit

heard this morning that the ball boy is the son of one of Swansea's directors. Also heard that the police spoke to him after the game but he chose not to press charges.

he's the son of one of Swansea's majority shareholders!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 24 Jan 2013 08:08

seahawk10 Charlie Morgan™ ‏@CHARLIEM0RGAN

The king of all ball boys is back making his final appearance #needed #for #timewasting

Hate Swansea for this. I despise Chelsea but now have to take their side :evil:

Ball boy got everything he deserved, what Hazard did was not really any worse than a Rugby forward clearing out a ruck. Shouldn't have done it, but fair play for doing so.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 24 Jan 2013 08:18

Lucky it wasn't against Man Utd. Fergie would be claiming the ball boy almost died.

#pray4ballboy

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Jan 2013 08:35

I'd have kicked him in the head. It's obviously big enough.................... :wink:

Dawn

by Dawn » 24 Jan 2013 09:01

I seem to remember a game against Bright when Zamora got booked for throwing the ball at a ballboy because he thought he'd been too slow giving the ball back?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 24 Jan 2013 09:14

Avon Royal Ball boy got everything he deserved, what Hazard did was not really any worse than a Rugby forward clearing out a ruck. Shouldn't have done it, but fair play for doing so.

Give your head a wobble m8.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Jan 2013 09:37

Avon Royal what Hazard did was not really any worse than a Rugby forward clearing out a ruck.

Which would be fine if he was a fat bloke playing rugby

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 24 Jan 2013 09:55

Hazard deserves the ban just for being drawn in. If he'd have just left the ballboy to get on with things it would have delayed
the game by seconds. The ball boy wasn't that slow in this particular instance. Hazard leans on him as he's bending down to pick
the ball up. Bit lame to go down but i wouldn't be so helpful to anyone who's hassling me like that.

Hazard drove all this, didn't need to get involved.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 24 Jan 2013 10:09

howser Not a Chelsea fan by a million miles, but I think the kid got what he deserved, pity he wasn't kicked harder.......it's given him his 5 minutes of fame. Sadlt this has taken the gloss from Swansea's achievement, but I do agree with previous posters that Swansea will face sanctions as he was representing their club and during the whole match the "ball recovery" was awfully slow and delayed which can only mean they were told to do it.

I remember a game down there in the 70s. Ball-boys all over the place when we were one up. Soon as it went 2-1 to Swansea all the ball boys were removed. It's in their DNA!

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 24 Jan 2013 10:15

Fox Talbot
howser Not a Chelsea fan by a million miles, but I think the kid got what he deserved, pity he wasn't kicked harder.......it's given him his 5 minutes of fame. Sadlt this has taken the gloss from Swansea's achievement, but I do agree with previous posters that Swansea will face sanctions as he was representing their club and during the whole match the "ball recovery" was awfully slow and delayed which can only mean they were told to do it.

I remember a game down there in the 70s. Ball-boys all over the place when we were one up. Soon as it went 2-1 to Swansea all the ball boys were removed. It's in their DNA!

No worse than most clubs though (although this ballboy does appear to be particularly good at making his time wasting obvious) - weren't we criticized by our interpretation of the multi-ball system in 05/06 ?

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 24 Jan 2013 12:50

I can't believe that anyone thinks it acceptable to kick anyone, let alone a child, no matter what their behaviour. Seriously, how bad did your /your kids behaviour have to be before the boots were out?