Weekend Football

5777 posts
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Weekend Football

by LUX » 05 Apr 2024 09:39

windermereROYAL Good old bbc having their midweek MOTD programme on Wednesday with probably the most high profile game being played tonight.

Wot,12th against 6th?

With no impact on the title, or even Champions league places?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 Apr 2024 10:08

FWIW I thought both penalties Chelsea were awarded last night shouldn't have been penalties. soft as f*ck.

I feel like football shifted in the last 2-3 seasons from people being upset when soft pens are awarded, to just now being all out throwing yourself to the ground when the wind blows and fans applauding it. Like its gone from quite sh*tty behaviour which was criticised by some, to total sh*te behaviour cheered on and seen as 'clever' by pretty much everyone.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Apr 2024 10:08

Winston Biscuit FWIW I thought both penalties Chelsea were awarded last night shouldn't have been penalties. soft as f*ck.

I feel like football shifted in the last 2-3 seasons from people being upset when soft pens are awarded, to just now being all out throwing yourself to the ground when the wind blows and fans applauding it. Like its gone from quite sh*tty behaviour which was criticised by some, to total sh*te behaviour cheered on and seen as 'clever' by pretty much everyone.

And when pundits don't pick up on this behaviour it just encourages it even more

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Apr 2024 10:17

bcubed
Winston Biscuit FWIW I thought both penalties Chelsea were awarded last night shouldn't have been penalties. soft as f*ck.

And when pundits don't pick up on this behaviour it just encourages it even more

But then most pundits are just irritating gobshites (e.g. Neville & Carragher) who don't actually say anything of any interest, let alone take a stand against bad decisions from officials.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Apr 2024 11:36

Sutekh
bcubed

But then most pundits are just irritating gobshites (e.g. Neville & Carragher) who don't actually say anything of any interest, let alone take a stand against bad decisions from officials.

Good point

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Apr 2024 20:59

Arsenal looking like a very efficient machine right now.

Still time to fall apart on the run in of course, but Arteta has done a fantastic job there. Havertz looking like the player people gave up thinking he could become, Gabriel not losing the plot every time something goes against him, and defending brilliantly, Rice and Saliba getting better and better, Ben White - limited but incredibly consistent, and Odegaard.... well, he’s an amazing talent and a superb leader.

Even if this isn’t their year for PL glory, get a world class centre forward and left back in next season and they really could kick on from an already strong position.

I’d certainly enjoy seeing Liverpool give Utd a 5-0 drubbing tomorrow but would also be happy to see them drop points. Big big game that.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 07 Apr 2024 02:07

I'm not entirely sure what a penalty is anymore.

Rhodri pulled back slightly is a pen
Doku kicking MacAllister in the chest isn't
Gabrielle rugby tackling Hojlund isn't
Dalot last night was

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Apr 2024 07:48

BRO_BOT

Dalot last night was

And anything that happens to Reading in an opponents penalty box isn't...

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 07 Apr 2024 10:03

Sutekh
BRO_BOT

Dalot last night was

And anything that happens to Reading in an opponents penalty box isn't...

yeah, saw that doing the rounds on Twitter

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Apr 2024 15:41

Gashford is terrible. So lazy and offering nothing. Are United that short of players they have to carry him?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Apr 2024 15:59

Ascotexgunner Gashford is terrible. So lazy and offering nothing. Are United that short of players they have to carry him?

In any other era Rashford would have been moved on to Everton by now

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Apr 2024 16:15

The gulf between the top 3 and Man Utd is vast, isn't it? Ratcliffe got a lot of work to do to get them competing again.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 07 Apr 2024 16:30

Liverpool are doing that forgetting to score again thing that means Man U will get a breakaway goal at some point in the second half.
Wouldn't put money on Radcliffe turning them around he doesn't exactly have an outstanding track record for it at the other sports teams he's taken over.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Apr 2024 16:39

O
M
G

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Apr 2024 16:47

Even the best teams can't afford to miss a bucket of chances and then give away a cheap goal.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Apr 2024 16:56

Lol HOw does Tenth Place do it. Makes united look so bad and win games.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Apr 2024 17:06

United can't f*CK up twice in a week can they?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Apr 2024 17:07

Ffs Liverpool

I don't want nan city to win the league

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Apr 2024 17:09

Loafer Ffs Liverpool

I don't want nan city to win the league

Arsenal......

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Apr 2024 17:10

Kinell.....what a f*cking dick challenging like that.

5777 posts