RUMOUR - Joseph Akpala

167 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

RUMOUR - Joseph Akpala

by maffff » 19 Aug 2013 08:45

According to Sky Germany he's been training with us. Werder Bremen happy to let him go if he can find a club that wants to but him.

Lalala Rougier

Re: Joseph Akpala

by Lalala Rougier » 19 Aug 2013 08:54

You beat me to this one!

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=10352

According to German newspaper Bild, 26 - year - old Nigeria international forward Joseph Akpala is currently in England, where he is training with Reading, who these days play in the Championship.

Akpala is not in the plans of Werder Bremen manager Robin Dutt this season, hence he must leave for a team where he is guaranteed playing opportunities.

Werder Bremen recently signed the Argentine Franco di Santo from Wigan, and this has further pushed Akpala down the pecking order of strikers.

The Green Whites are prepared to do a business with any club interested in the services of the former Club Brugge hit man.

Since Akpala's contract expires in 2016, there is talk that he might be farmed out on loan should an interested suitor fail to meet his valuation.

He netted just 1 goal in 21 Bundesliga appearances last term.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Aug 2013 09:10

Just the one goal but he was very much a bit-part player totalling 461 minutes for the season in the league

But look at his European record and he shows real promise

12 (6) 1,073 minutes for 8 goals and an assist = 134 minutes a goal Europa Cup
05 (2) 0,447 minutes for 2 goals and an assist = 224 minutes a goal Europa Cup Qualifiers
04 (2) 0,338 minutes for 1 goals = 338 minutes a goal EUFA Cup

That adds up to

21 (10) 1,858 minutes for 11 European goals and 2 assists = 169 minutes per goal

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Aug 2013 09:53

Also:

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2005–2006 Bendel Insurance 19 (13)
2006–2008 Charleroi 61 (25)
2008–2012 Club Brugge 130 (44)
2012– Werder Bremen 21 (1)

I had a Bremen fan tweet me to say that he didn't play that much last season because he was injured.

Transfermarkt says he was out from March with "an intraarticular ligament crack knee".

Looks like Celtic, West Brom, Montpellier and West Ham were linked when he joined Bremen.

West Ham were the strong link and he was quoted saying ""I would love to play in the Premier League one day and score goals there week in, week out, I am happy to be linked with clubs in the Premier League, but nothing has been discussed as yet.

"Brugges want to keep me and I have a contract with them. We will have to see what happens.

"West Ham are a London club and I like London, so you never know.""
Last edited by maffff on 19 Aug 2013 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 19 Aug 2013 09:56

Lalala Rougier You beat me to this one!

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=10352

According to German newspaper Bild, 26 - year - old Nigeria international forward Joseph Akpala is currently in England, where he is training with Reading, who these days play in the Championship.

Akpala is not in the plans of Werder Bremen manager Robin Dutt this season, hence he must leave for a team where he is guaranteed playing opportunities.

Werder Bremen recently signed the Argentine Franco di Santo from Wigan, and this has further pushed Akpala down the pecking order of strikers.

The Green Whites are prepared to do a business with any club interested in the services of the former Club Brugge hit man.

Since Akpala's contract expires in 2016, there is talk that he might be farmed out on loan should an interested suitor fail to meet his valuation.

He netted just 1 goal in 21 Bundesliga appearances last term.

Pushed down the order by Franco di Santo, that is worrying

littlejohnnyoster

by littlejohnnyoster » 19 Aug 2013 10:06

could be a shrewd bit of business, bringing in when his stock is down a bit. Much like Williams and Drenthe. Fits the mould of playing up front alone

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Aug 2013 10:24

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 19 Aug 2013 10:31

EBONY! Akpala has neither Schaaf can still convince with Dutt. and this is probably little doubt that both coaches are sooo böööse and dislike the poor Joe, or have even denied, but simply the fact that Joe does not perform.

Through the commitment of Di Santo the air again for quite a track is now thinner for him. So last chance for him to cut purely for us before he is killed or released.

I did not deny that this is only one independently of the other.
When Petersen was a regular date, and Werder was just bought for only 4 Mios, while the other was conveyed after a year under the TS outward impression that this is not good enough, the RD has certainly noticed in advance. And accordingly has already had a preconception in the mind. This has been seen before in the first test matches in dne statements, the RD Akpala first sees only in the second row. At the time, RD could have still made ​​no sound personal opinion only based on my own observations.
It can not tell me that Akpala was permanently dropped from the squad because he would have in the so poorly played a Test match where he times over 90 min was allowed to get it? Then he would have gap or long since Petersen also can swipe from the squad, because they have also delivered some had bad games in recent weeks.

Nor will Makiadi has fixed his regular place prepared by previously outstanding achievements with us, Akpala has earned its place stands-by poor performance siet RD arrival. Both are results of opinions that had the coach in advance in the head, and against which it is difficult to arrive first then as a player.
Because the expectations beeineinflusst always a very great extent (much stronger than most people think) what you see, and even what actually happened

You do not seriously think yes, that bun Akpala just outside vorlässt because schaaf has also done this before? that Akpala really strong preparation games (no, they were not there) and delivers even greater benefits workout and then invoke not even in the squad, just because that was previously handled the same way? you may like to find my assessment naive, I find your abstruse.
on ekici sets dutt been so strangely, although the schaaf has also been done rather less.

Moreover, I find it extremely odd that you seem firmly convinced to be able to assess Akpala good, even though you love him so according to his own statement almost never see you play. because one should even ask if the assessment of two coaches plus the associated coach rod that can watch him every day in training, not perhaps sound than their own.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 19 Aug 2013 10:32

They seem to have nicknamed him "ebony"

Casual racism still alive and well

Tommio

by Tommio » 19 Aug 2013 10:34

He's quick and strong so he'll do for me

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Aug 2013 10:36

HoneyRoastHoax So last chance for him to cut purely for us before he is killed or released.

Bit drastic :shock:

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 19 Aug 2013 10:38

You can't take the Hitler out of Germany

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Aug 2013 10:39

maffff
HoneyRoastHoax So last chance for him to cut purely for us before he is killed or released.

Bit drastic :shock:

Firing squad probably.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Aug 2013 11:35

I heard he's good at playing as a lone striker, without accompaniment.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Aug 2013 11:49

Confirmed by Charles Watts as training with Reading. Nothing signed yet.

Will it end up like Aaron Berzel who we had over in July or Craig Goodwin who was with us in May... in so far as nothing is ever heard of them again?

Apparently with Goodwin his manager said we are continuing to monitor him as we felt his style was more suited to the Premier League than the Championship... odd one. [been linked with Blackburn and Leeds since..]

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 19 Aug 2013 11:59

1 goal in 21 apps last season. But i think most of them were from the bench. Has a prolific scoring record before that though. Its more important he is able to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Crucial for our possession game.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Aug 2013 12:41

So I reckon this sounds like a done deal then (so long as he passes a medical)..... 1 year's loan from Werder Bremen with a view to a permanent no doubt.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 19 Aug 2013 12:58

2 players spotted this morning with coaching staff in the hotel, one of which I assume then is Akpala. We must be looking at another as well.

michael78

by michael78 » 19 Aug 2013 13:05

Hello, I'm supporter of Werder Bremen and was curious to see if there are some news about Akpala. Well, first I'd like to correct some impressions you had by the translations, oh, and excuse my poor english. I'll do my best. Anyway: "Eben" doesn't mean "ebony", just "exactly" and "abschießen" is an expression for cancelling with someone against his will, not killing in this meaning.
If you like to get some news in a board, I'd recommend the inofficial board worum.org. It was founded after Werder asked for registration with full name and address on the official board, which made a big crowd found a new one. The community is rather mature and reasonable than on official board, and anyone of you is heartly welcome to register. There's an english international section and, of course, the Akpala-Thread, which you may find under "Mannschaft".

Well, some words to Akpala himself. First: We play for three years and especially the last half year nothing but shit and weren't able to create many moments of danger. He usually came very late, when the team had the heads already down and in a lack of self-confidence. He's physically strong, fast, but often showed a lack of technical skills. He was also a super great and fair character who didn't complain about his role being substitute. It didn't work out with him, but it's hard to tell exactly why. We made a big break after 14 years being coached by Thomas Schaaf and managed by Klaus Allofs with new coach and manager and refresh the team now, as far as possible. Since he got, what rumors say, a relatively big contract, the new management prefers to get him of the payroll. They also want to support younger newcomer like Füllkrug and Yildirim which means that there's no realistic perspective for him at Werder. Many of us really hope that he' convince at Reading and kick some asses, since he's really really a good guy.

So far then. Thanks in advance for hospitality here.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 19 Aug 2013 13:07

Don't mention the...

michael78 Well, some words to Akpala himself. First: We play for three years and especially the last half year nothing but shit

:lol:

michael78 He usually came very late.

:shock:
Last edited by SPARTA on 19 Aug 2013 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

167 posts