Rumour: Howe out

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour: Howe out

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Aug 2020 18:12

TommyF I've heard that the owners have sanctioned the purchase for £250,000 of lucky dips for tonight's Euro Millions £109 Million draw. If one of those 100,000 lines come up we are well sorted for FPP.

Nigel Howe spotted at Niki stores with a long queue of pissed off customers stuck behind him

Lol

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 26 Aug 2020 22:15

Zip Plenty of talk suggesting the owners will stick up a middle finger to FFP and spend spend spend. It’s not that simple because any incomings have to be sanctioned by the EFL.

Thank the lord for the EFL then...could well be the case that Dai sees this as the last throw of the dice and if it doesn’t work, would sell up next Summer, by which we will have incurred a massive points deduction. I welcome any transfer embargos right now; the EFL should be imposing salary caps like in L1 & L2 to ensure we still have football clubs in the long term

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Aug 2020 22:19

Notts Royal
Zip Plenty of talk suggesting the owners will stick up a middle finger to FFP and spend spend spend. It’s not that simple because any incomings have to be sanctioned by the EFL.

Thank the lord for the EFL then...could well be the case that Dai sees this as the last throw of the dice and if it doesn’t work, would sell up next Summer, by which we will have incurred a massive points deduction. I welcome any transfer embargos right now; the EFL should be imposing salary caps like in L1 & L2 to ensure we still have football clubs in the long term

Agreed. We could end up with massive debts, a points deduction, relegation and an owner that wants out.

elrey

by elrey » 27 Aug 2020 07:55

Simon's Church I don't know anything about this but I'm not going to assume he is bad at his job just becuase he has a Chinese sounding name.

I for one welcome Mr Dayong Pang to the club and hope for a long and rewarding tenure.

Just to point out that "Pang" as a surname can mean "fat", probably a different character, but whatever. "Dayong" could be "big use", so his name could technically be "fat big use", the future is bright, the future is the fourth division.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 27 Aug 2020 08:12

Zip
Notts Royal

Agreed. We could end up with massive debts, a points deduction, relegation and an owner that wants out.

I think that’s going to become the reality in the future Zip, so many of us can’t get excited about splashing loads of cash. Dai will want out sooner or later

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Aug 2020 22:34

Notts Royal
Zip
Notts Royal

I think that’s going to become the reality in the future Zip, so many of us can’t get excited about splashing loads of cash. Dai will want out sooner or later

Chinese are known for playing the long game. Will have identified other business opportunities in Reading. As Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan has done in Manchester.