Transfer deadline day rumours in's and out's

229 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Transfer deadline day rumours in's and out's

by TBM » 31 Aug 2021 10:53

NathStPaul
TBM Get rid of Moore - would mean £££ in the bank and £30k a week in wages saved.

Who is buying him?

Arsenal could do with him :lol:

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 31 Aug 2021 10:53

WestYorksRoyal Transfers like Drinkwater or Carroll can go either way. If they're hungry and willing to prove themselves, you're bringing in real quality. But they can look lethargic, uninterested or spend too much time on the treatment table.

In Carroll's case, he's always been a wholly committed player who can be unplayable when fit. Fitness would be the worry with him, whereas I worry about hunger and attitude more with Drinkwater.

Do we think VP can get a tune out of them?

we need to avoid more panic buys that will disrupt the already fragile morale of the team.... we remain a team with lots of recent defeats...

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Aug 2021 10:56

TBM
NathStPaul
TBM Get rid of Moore - would mean £££ in the bank and £30k a week in wages saved.

Who is buying him?

Arsenal could do with him :lol:

Yeah true, they did spend £50m on Ben White so nothing can be ruled out.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Aug 2021 10:57

Linden Jones' Tash
WestYorksRoyal Transfers like Drinkwater or Carroll can go either way. If they're hungry and willing to prove themselves, you're bringing in real quality. But they can look lethargic, uninterested or spend too much time on the treatment table.

In Carroll's case, he's always been a wholly committed player who can be unplayable when fit. Fitness would be the worry with him, whereas I worry about hunger and attitude more with Drinkwater.

Do we think VP can get a tune out of them?

we need to avoid more panic buys that will disrupt the already fragile morale of the team.... we remain a team with lots of recent defeats...

Sometimes you just have to throw a load of darts at the dartboard and hope one of them goes in the bullseye, especially in our situation.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2021 11:07

Well at least Andy Carroll would give Reading’s defence something to aim for as an outlet rather than unnecessarily trying to fart-arse about with the ball when under pressure. Best not hit the ball too hard toward him though, just in case.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Aug 2021 11:14

We've signed some big names on paper but there's certainly some huge risks with these signings too. Neither Carroll (if confirmed), Drinkwater, Rahman or Dann have played much football for a few years. They may not really get going here, if not take a while to hit the ground running.

Are they match fit? if not how long will they need is the next question.

Definitely won't complain and could be very good signings if they show even 50% of their prime quality.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Aug 2021 11:19

Brogue here is a starter for ten

Pete O'Rourke
@SportsPeteO
·
3m
Former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll is in talks with Reading over a move to the Championship club on a free transfer. #readingfc #NUFC #DeadlineDay

:shock: :lol: its a yes from me

Lolz

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2021 11:28

John Harriott
@JHFootballAgent
Norwich City have made a late £4million bid for Reading midfielder John Swift. Swift is keen on a move to the Premier league club. Reading are considering the offer due to current financial issues. #NCFC #readingfc

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Aug 2021 11:29

There’s a lot of hostility on Twitter about our new signings. I understand that they’re aren’t everyone’s first choice but given our current predicament I am not sure what people are expecting tbh.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Aug 2021 11:29

Brogue John Harriott
@JHFootballAgent
Norwich City have made a late £4million bid for Reading midfielder John Swift. Swift is keen on a move to the Premier league club. Reading are considering the offer due to current financial issues. #NCFC #readingfc

Not sure how reliable the guy reporting it is but if true then the club can't really turn it down, that's a great offer.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2021 11:30

NathStPaul
Brogue John Harriott
@JHFootballAgent

Not sure how reliable the guy reporting it is but if true then the club can't really turn it down, that's a great offer.

seems like a credible account

John Harriott
@JHFootballAgent
Serious enquiries contact me at JohnRHarriott@outlook.com. Experienced ex-football agent of 19 years. Sources all over the Premier League and Football League.
United KingdomJoined July 2013
74 Following
5,013 Followers

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Aug 2021 11:31

NathStPaul
Brogue John Harriott
@JHFootballAgent

With Halilovic on board and general strengthening of the midfield, we'd be silly to turn it down given his contract situation.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2021 11:32

Brogue John Harriott
@JHFootballAgent

I guess if you are going to be in a relegation battle yiu may as well get paid as much as you can for it.
Plus he’ll be guaranteed a championship winners medal in 2023....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2021 11:33

NathStPaul
Brogue John Harriott
@JHFootballAgent

Pretty sure that is a bollocks account but could easily see someone like Norwich coming in for him as they look to build a squad to win next season's Championship.

4m would be a great deal mind given the unlikelihood of him being here next year.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2021 11:34

NathStPaul
Brogue John Harriott
@JHFootballAgent

Yep, last year of his contract. TDB, Halilovic and Ejaria to cover, might not be too bad as I can’t see Swifty wanting to re-sign any new deal the club may offer anyway. If true, let’s hope any such deal would be the full price up front and no stupid addons.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2021 11:36

Stranded
NathStPaul
Brogue John Harriott
@JHFootballAgent

Pretty sure that is a bollocks account but could easily see someone like Norwich coming in for him as they look to build a squad to win next season's Championship.

4m would be a great deal mind given the unlikelihood of him being here next year.

why do you think that? seems a genuine account to me :?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Aug 2021 11:37

blythspartan There’s a lot of hostility on Twitter about our new signings. I understand that they’re aren’t everyone’s first choice but given our current predicament I am not sure what people are expecting tbh.

Plenty of twits on Twitter

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 31 Aug 2021 11:38

NathStPaul

Who is buying him?

I will give them a £1 and I will give him £200 a week I need a new gardener. Labours hard to come buy at the moment.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Aug 2021 11:38

Would be gutted to lose Swift, but yeah we probably can't be turning down £4m if it is true.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 31 Aug 2021 11:43

We could really do with a man in a hedge about now

229 posts