The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

538 posts
Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

by Loafer » 17 May 2023 14:57

Brogue
Loafer first thing Chris Wilder should do is bring these two in, we would let in less then 10 goals next season

it will also drastically improve how good looking we are as a team, and our hair

Alex Grant couldn't even make a fist of it at Macclesfield so it's a no from me
and Harrison Delbridge is 31, and never played at a decent level so again it's a no from me

i think playing for New York FC, Melbourne and Incheon is a decent level

Alex Grant had injury issues but was Macclesfields best player aged 21, then went on to Perth Glory and now the 2nd best team in Korea

you just cannot discount those 2

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2023 15:09

Does Delbridge have a British granny or parent because otherwise there's fcuk all chance of him getting a work permit even if we were interested in him.

Let's be honest, there's defenders in the SPL getting in the Australia squad ahead of him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2023 15:22

PATRIQT So does the "It's racist" gif.

A whoosh for you. Or a Doddy. You choose.

Sadly barely any Doddy's now. Let's refresh the memory!

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 17 May 2023 15:34

How imagine Royal_Jimmy to look...

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 17 May 2023 17:02

From Despair To Where? Does Delbridge have a British granny or parent because otherwise there's fcuk all chance of him getting a work permit even if we were interested in him.

Let's be honest, there's defenders in the SPL getting in the Australia squad ahead of him.

he has a British wife, just gave birth to Delboy jr 2 weeks ago

the future GOAT

players in Korea are always overlooked internationally (unless domestical) it is a cultural thing there with clubs, but of course because nobody cares about anything I have to say they mock me and ignore me

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2023 17:14

Doesn't qualify him if he's never lived here.

Don't see anyone mocking you, just pointing out that a 31 year old journeyman Australian with zero chance of getting a work permit is not the sort of player we should be looking at.

Anyway, Celtic tend to hoover up the best talent in the K and J Leagues.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 May 2023 17:37

Lower West
Millsy
PATRIQT Carlton Palmer on Wilder to Reading rumours:

"The next appointment is vital for Reading, they need to get that right.

"I think it would be a smart move for Chris, he knows the league, but Chris has to make sure that it's right for him, that the club is in the right financial position so he can make a challenge to take the club back to the Championship.

"The club are going to blame Paul Ince, but the simple facts are that they have been relegated due to the six-point deduction for not following an agreed business plan with the EFL.

"Chris has got to be careful, his next move has got to be spot on and he's got to be successful, but I think it would be a good appointment for both Chris and Reading."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/got-t ... on-palmer/

Of course we are. His job was likely to get us to 6 points+ above safety as they knew that deduction was coming. Admittedly a tough job, but he accepted it, utterly failed and should've gone sooner.

Would like to hear Ince's version of events. As likely to be very different to the rubbish mooted endlessly on social media.

We heard it.

He couldn’t possibly have done better, no one could. Nothing was his or his son's fault. The players weren't good enough. They weren't good enough to play 4 at the back. They weren't good enough to do anything in attack except hoof vaguely towards Carroll's head.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 May 2023 22:55

Not to mention the ref always being to blame. And the players making bad decisions.

And I'm so glad he constantly talked about avoiding relegation when we were near the top of the table. "Hey guys, you're
clearly only here by accident. You're so shit I'm more worried about relegation. Never forget that. Ever." Motivation 101.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 18 May 2023 01:13

Loafer
From Despair To Where? Does Delbridge have a British granny or parent because otherwise there's fcuk all chance of him getting a work permit even if we were interested in him.

he has a British wife, just gave birth to Delboy jr 2 weeks ago

the future GOAT

players in Korea are always overlooked internationally (unless domestical) it is a cultural thing there with clubs, but of course because nobody cares about anything I have to say they mock me and ignore me

Reminds me of when I brought a Korean relative to Reading v QPR on a freezing Tuesday evening.
Truly one of the dullest, most skill-less games I've been too.
But he loved it - said it was way higher quality than what he sees in Korea.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 May 2023 12:43

Current Odds for the leading contenders with William Hill

Chris Wilder - 3/1
Chris Davies - 4/1
Danny Cowley - 7/2
John O'Shea - 6/1
Steve Cotterill - 8/1
Luke Williams - 8/1
Richie Wellens - 12/1
Graeme Murty - 12/1
Nathan Jones - 12/1

BetVictor has Chris Davies as the current favourite on 3/1

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 May 2023 12:55

Article in the chronic says we will have a new manager in place in the next fortnight. By June 1st at the latest

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 May 2023 12:56

Chronicle really sticking their neck out there.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 May 2023 13:06

NathStPaul Chronicle really sticking their neck out there.

i may have misquoted them slightly, they say the club 'aim' to have a new manager in place within a fortnight

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... fortnight/

Reading aim to appoint a new boss within the next fortnight, the Reading Chronicle understands.

Still interviewing up to last week, it is understood that the club aim to appoint a new boss by June 1 'at the latest.'

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 May 2023 13:11

Brogue
NathStPaul Chronicle really sticking their neck out there.

i may have misquoted them slightly, they say the club 'aim' to have a new manager in place within a fortnight

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... fortnight/

Reading aim to appoint a new boss within the next fortnight, the Reading Chronicle understands.

Still interviewing up to last week, it is understood that the club aim to appoint a new boss by June 1 'at the latest.'

Well at least it's a step in the right direction - actually interviewing people rather than seemingly just sticking a pin in some random list of names..

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 May 2023 21:06

yuomi

by yuomi » 18 May 2023 21:21

Guess we've found this year's "ITK" twitter account then... :roll:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 May 2023 23:17

That sounds like a load of shit, tbh.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 May 2023 23:37

Snowflake Royal
Lower West
Millsy
Of course we are. His job was likely to get us to 6 points+ above safety as they knew that deduction was coming. Admittedly a tough job, but he accepted it, utterly failed and should've gone sooner.

Would like to hear Ince's version of events. As likely to be very different to the rubbish mooted endlessly on social media.

We heard it.

He couldn’t possibly have done better, no one could. Nothing was his or his son's fault. The players weren't good enough. They weren't good enough to play 4 at the back. They weren't good enough to do anything in attack except hoof vaguely towards Carroll's head.

That's not even scratching the surface.......... what gets said in the media is just PR and waffle.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2023 00:09

Lower West
Snowflake Royal
Lower West

We heard it.

That's not even scratching the surface.......... what gets said in the media is just PR and waffle.

Or self delusion and ego in this case.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 May 2023 09:12

I do think Ince has a point, to be fair we weren't very good, had a cobbled together squad that lacked synergy at the times and couldn't do much in the way of improving. We did well to put together a squad that got as far as it did really, as it could have been a lot worse.

Having said that, a lot of his managerial decisions towards the end didn't help either, although we were as limited as you could get.

538 posts