Rumour - Harvey Blair

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Rumour - Harvey Blair

by Sutekh » 17 Dec 2023 08:05

Suggestion in the media that Reading are tracking 20 year old Liverpool winger Harvey Blair with a view to a loan deal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Harvey Blair

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2023 13:17

Assume left winger?

That worked well last time...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Dec 2023 22:03

Snowflake Royal Assume left winger?

Can play on both wings and through the middle. Think we were rumoured in the summer but he got injured.

If this is a recovery loan, imagine Liverpool would cover wages and expect no loan fee.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 17 Dec 2023 22:13

Stranded

Can play on both wings and through the middle. Think we were rumoured in the summer but he got injured.

If this is a recovery loan, imagine Liverpool would cover wages and expect no loan fee.

My concern about a player like this is that he's inexperienced - he's only played one League Cup game at first team level. He doesn't seem to be someone who'll hit the ground running - which is what you need from January signings.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Dec 2023 01:19

Clyde1998
Stranded

My concern about a player like this is that he's inexperienced - he's only played one League Cup game at first team level. He doesn't seem to be someone who'll hit the ground running - which is what you need from January signings.

Not sure if you've noticed our current situation but if we want, and are able, to sign any players they are going to be inexperienced or potentially someone like Hoilett who knows what they are getting themselves into and won't ask for much cash.

It won't be a typical Jan signing as we aren't a typical club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Dec 2023 08:18

Stranded
Clyde1998
Stranded

Not sure if you've noticed our current situation but if we want, and are able, to sign any players they are going to be inexperienced or potentially someone like Hoilett who knows what they are getting themselves into and won't ask for much cash.

In which case I'd, as usual, rather we invested the game time in our own (less inexperienced) players so we might see some benefit beyond the loan.

It's not like we've made many actually good youth player loans where they've made a good impact.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Dec 2023 08:38

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Clyde1998 My concern about a player like this is that he's inexperienced - he's only played one League Cup game at first team level. He doesn't seem to be someone who'll hit the ground running - which is what you need from January signings.

In which case I'd, as usual, rather we invested the game time in our own (less inexperienced) players so we might see some benefit beyond the loan.

It's not like we've made many actually good youth player loans where they've made a good impact.

Wouldn't and can't disagree with that- I would not be massively against a player like Hoilett (or Fosu) coming back in, we clearly wanted to sign him back in the summer, so if it suits both parties it may be worth it - otherwise, happy to carry on as we are. If we are looking around though, may suggest 1 or 2 moving on in Jan to help fund the club and being replaced by loan/free agent.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1