RUMOUR - Doyle to Aston Villa £4 million

07RFC

RUMOUR - Doyle to Aston Villa £4 million

by 07RFC » 16 May 2008 11:36

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill will offer Reading £4m for Republic of Ireland striker Kevin Doyle. (Mirror)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 404059.stm

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Doyle to Aston Villa £4 million

by andrew1957 » 16 May 2008 11:44

I really hope we say "no" as I honestly believe he is worth far more to us than that.

I think O'Neill would be getting almost as good a deal at that price as we had in the first place, as it significantly undervalues the player.

At the end of the day I am sure SC will want Doyle to stay (providing of course SC is still the manager) but if SC leaves then all bets are off as the player may well be tempted to move on.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 May 2008 11:56

i reckon if clubs come in with half decent bids for any of these players we shoud accept and use the money to rejig
i cant see much point in going into another season with the same squad

having said that 4 mill for doyle is undervalued

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 May 2008 11:59

brendywendy having said that 4 mill for doyle is undervalued

'greed. £5m at least.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 May 2008 12:15

brendywendy i reckon if clubs come in with half decent bids for any of these players we shoud accept and use the money to rejig
i cant see much point in going into another season with the same squad

having said that 4 mill for doyle is undervalued

I understand what you are saying but fear that the more change there is the less chance of promotion next year. After all it took us 4 years to build the Championship winning squad last time round and if we lose too many it will take another 4 years or more this time. I think we have one chance of automatic return and the best chance is to keep faith with what we have. After all there is a huge gulf between Championship and PL as Derby have proved and we were only a tiny bit short of PL standard - so the current squad is well capable of an automatic return if they go into the season with a right attitude.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 16 May 2008 13:03

If Doyle wants to go, he'll go.

The last thing Coppell needs is to start this season with players who don't want to be here.

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 16 May 2008 13:26

He is worth more than that. I honestly believe he is worth 6-8 million been a recognised international striker who is still young and has had one very good season in the premierleague and a mixed one last season, but all players go through patches and if we had a few more games, now he had broken his duck (along with leroy) they would have scored more goals.

Where exactly does he fit in at villa, they have carew as central attacker and Young and Ablonglahor as very attacking wide players with Harewood comming off the bench.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 May 2008 13:34

Doyle > Harewood. That's where he fits in.

£5m is the going rate for someone like Doyle which means we'd have to shell out that much or more to replace him.

xtreme rebel

by xtreme rebel » 16 May 2008 14:56

And send on 10% of any transfer fee to Cork City when he leaves. :lol:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 16 May 2008 15:01

£4 million seems about right, and about £2 million for Lita seems about right.

We have absolutely no aces in the negotiation and very little room to lever the prices upwards.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 16 May 2008 15:13

papereyes £4 million seems about right, and about £2 million for Lita seems about right.

We have absolutely no aces in the negotiation and very little room to lever the prices upwards.

With just a year left on his deal then i agree 2m is the optimum we'd get for Lita unless there are a number of clubs prepared to outbid each other. Theres also the fact that Lita doesn't appear to be the type of bloke to keep around if he's unhappy.

Doyle's a funny one, personally I've never rated him that highly but he's 2 years i think left on his contract and has gained plenty of attention in the Premier League and the International arena. Also on the face of it he doen't appear to be the type to cause too much of a stink if we turn down bids we consider inferior from Premiership clubs. We may have a little more in the way of bargaining chips in his case. That said i can't see anyone bidding over 5m for him.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 16 May 2008 15:18

Just seen a rumour on another board:

Kitson for the best part of £6 million to Newcastle.

:|

Kitson is better than both Lita and Doyle and I was hoping that other clubs blind spots to him would continue.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 16 May 2008 15:18

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe If Doyle wants to go, he'll go.

The last thing Coppell needs is to start this season with players who don't want to be here.

Not like the last season then :lol:
(Shorey)

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 16 May 2008 15:25

papereyes Just seen a rumour on another board:

Kitson for the best part of £6 million to Newcastle.

:|

Kitson is better than both Lita and Doyle and I was hoping that other clubs blind spots to him would continue.

Agreed. Think he's vital if we're to have a chance coming back up.

There's an obvious caveat with all transfer dealings of course in how the individuals react to relegation, if theres the possibility they are still thinking of themselves as Premiership players then we're probably better off getting rid.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 16 May 2008 19:35

Given the fuss O'Neill made about Liverpool conducting their business through the papers with regards to Barry, either he's a hypocrite or the papers are just take wild guesses based on people who have bid for our players in the past.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 16 May 2008 19:37

Rev Algenon Stickleback H Given the fuss O'Neill made about Liverpool conducting their business through the papers with regards to Barry, either he's a hypocrite or the papers are just take wild guesses based on people who have bid for our players in the past.

hmmmmmmmmmm

07RFC

by 07RFC » 17 May 2008 08:38

Rev Algenon Stickleback H Given the fuss O'Neill made about Liverpool conducting their business through the papers with regards to Barry, either he's a hypocrite or the papers are just take wild guesses based on people who have bid for our players in the past.

i hope your right

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 17 May 2008 09:36

Doyle who scored 1 goal with his feet all season is no way worth 4m.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 17 May 2008 09:43

mini _dariusz Doyle who scored 1 goal with his feet all season is no way worth 4m.

No he's worth more - service to the forwards this season was atrocious - no real wingers, crap central midfield creativity apart from when Marek played - Dont blame the forwards - he's still young and hes a proven goalscorer - at least £6m

07RFC

by 07RFC » 17 May 2008 17:28

i think if villa come in with a bid of £6million, then reading will let him go unfortunately