2 DAYS WITHOUT ...

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Y25

2 DAYS WITHOUT ...

by Y25 » 13 Jul 2008 08:55

Any transfer speculation regarding our players in the national tabloids

The likes of Fulham/Wigan/Sunderland/Pompey all being linked with other premiership players

Is this the calm before the storm ...

chandog

Re: 2 DAYS WITHOUT ...

by chandog » 13 Jul 2008 11:07

Y25 Any transfer speculation regarding our players in the national tabloids

The likes of Fulham/Wigan/Sunderland/Pompey all being linked with other premiership players

Is this the calm before the storm ...

Probably
We will now have two days where all our best players leave

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jul 2008 11:59

fiver says they don't

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Jul 2008 20:20

Kitson linked to Wigan.

Have Bikey and Marek proven themselves to Premier League clubs? Exactly. We will not lose our best players in the next 2 days.

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 14 Jul 2008 19:36

Like most of us I've been watching and waiting for transfer news but as yet there's been almost no movement either way. However I think Coppell is far too shrewd not to have his eye on several replacements/additions to his squad and starting X1 but as we know he needs to either sell or at least know who he'll be replacing before making his move.

With 3 or 4 premiership clubs hinting and flirting with Harper, Hunt, Shorey etc but not making bids. Coppell and the club have now been put between a rock and a hard place. Does he take a risk and buy his fancied players now (before selling) or play the waiting game and buy late and possibly use the loan system once the Money is in the bank. Personally I say buy now as It would put us in a much stronger position. I think the club can afford the extra wage bill until the January window opens where players would be sold on and we'd have new keen players for the bench until that date. we know players are going to move on and by acting now we'll be in a much stronger position when dealing with current players making demands and premiership clubs trying to steal are best players.

Reading the link below I now fear we've started to highlight our REAL need to sell ... NOT a good position to be in! Come on JM big balls are needed!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11673_3816727,00.html

Trev

by Trev » 14 Jul 2008 20:05

If we started the season and pasted the the transfer window with the same squad that we have at the moment i would be quite happy.

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 14 Jul 2008 20:16

Trev If we started the season and pasted the the transfer window with the same squad that we have at the moment i would be quite happy.

Me too, we'll walk the Championship with our squad but I think 2 or 3 will go. I also think we'll replace the 2 or 3 outgoing players with decent signings. We're a good club, plenty of decent players will want to be apart of what we have and can achieve. I just think our progress is being held up by Prem clubs flirting with our players.. They either make proper bids and we sell/buy or they bog off and we'll get on with our business (the Coppell way) and he works with what I think is the strongest squad in the Championship.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jul 2008 20:53

Seaside Royal
Trev If we started the season and pasted the the transfer window with the same squad that we have at the moment i would be quite happy.

Me too, we'll walk the Championship with our squad but I think 2 or 3 will go. I also think we'll replace the 2 or 3 outgoing players with decent signings. We're a good club, plenty of decent players will want to be apart of what we have and can achieve. I just think our progress is being held up by Prem clubs flirting with our players.. They either make proper bids and we sell/buy or they bog off and we'll get on with our business (the Coppell way) and he works with what I think is the strongest squad in the Championship.

LOL nothing like a bit of arrogance and complacency. A team without a right winger won't 'walk the division'

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 14 Jul 2008 20:56

They're gonna sign Cmonurz. Reading's most prolific rightwinger.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Jul 2008 21:11

papereyes They're gonna sign Cmonurz. Reading's most prolific rightwinger.

He faces a lot of competition from the likes of you, Baines and Uncle Tom Cobley and all...
I think we need to buy in a few good leftwingers

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1